Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Said it was loaded with action, but may have been lacking in emotion :gah:

Which at this point i'm actually fine with. Save the emotion for the sequels. We got an origin story we all know by heart and set up of a familiar baddie. Something tells me Superman won't get into any real trouble till his next outing anyway.

If you ask me action over emotion for this movie was a priority. (both would be great but if you had to pick one....)

That's why I don't fall in love with trailers. When you have a $250 million action movie, it's easy to take random, cool looking bits and pieces to create an awesome two minute preview.

Say what you will about ROTS but that fight had alot of emotion to it.
Logan vs Victor after he had just killed Kayla had alot of angst to it.

Lots of failed emotion because these films sucked..... :(

Poor acting, script, and lack of caring about the friendship really ruined ROTS for me. Should have been epic but turned out average.

Which at this point i'm actually fine with. Save the emotion for the sequels. We got an origin story we all know by heart and set up of a familiar baddie. Something tells me Superman won't get into any real trouble till his next outing anyway.

If you ask me action over emotion for this movie was a priority. (both would be great but if you had to pick one....)

Agreed, but ythey can make the action emotional by giving it more stakes and tension.

Just saw it. Everyone gave good performances, Costner standing out. It was EXTREMELY action packed. It doesn't let up For one second, at all. The only slight disappointment is that it could've been more story driven.

8/10

Just saw it. Everyone gave good performances, Costner standing out. It was EXTREMELY action packed. It doesn't let up For one second, at all. The only slight disappointment is that it could've been more story driven.

8/10

so it sucked. :rotfl

sorry, no matter what now all I can see is the word suck. :rotfl

Last edited:

8/10

Sounds like a 80s movie I'm fine with that.

I'm seeing this sometime this weekend, don't care what the reviews say (good or bad). I'll formulate my own opinion once I see it. Cavill looks like a decent Superman from what I've seen and it's gotta be more interesting than that snore fest, Superman Returns atleast. I've learned to lower my expectations after the last couple of years. Hyping things up and making events out of them just feels ridiculous now a days. With that said, I'm still looking forwarding to seeing this, I hope it's exciting and I have some fun.

I do love the hypocrisy from the obnoxious fanboys though. They used to tote their big, crappy, summer comic book blockbusters as these epic masterpieces because "Rottentomatoes and critics said so". Now after they've put so much stock into one movie, they're so quick to bash any negative reviews that come from the site without even seeing it first for themselves. Even with the consensus from other sites.

Boggles my mind. I don't even get what anyone wants anymore or what's considered "good" in this day and age.

Saw it yesterday. I'll give 4 out of 5 stars for MoS. Action scenes and visual effects are spectacular but story are kinda bit rushed, could use a bit longer duration / trade action scenes for more story depth. But you can't expect it to be treated like The Dark Knight (just because Nolan has some involvement in this) as Bats and Supes are different sides of the same coin. I think the producers are trying to balance portions of the movie to be appealing for all markets, as too little action scenes would bore childrens. Overall the movie serves Superman's name well, and is the best Superman movie up to date, and I'm planning to see it again today.

Reeve will be proud of Cavill.

Getting more excited to see this. I do want to see Superman in big action as we've never had that, but i'm a fan of action to serve the story and characters not just for the spectacle of it.

So right now i'm cautiously optimistic but with my expectations lowered

Just saw it, lots of action, stuff happens fast and that's the main problem I have with it. It's not fun. There's no grandeur to being Superman at al in this movie. The Clark Kent identity is totally out the window.

So right now i'm cautiously optimistic but with my expectations lowered

tumblr_li563rbMQs1qhpzp8o1_400.jpg

It really irritates me how people are "afraid" to disagree and or voice their own opinion. Who gives a **** what the critics on the Internet or websites like Rotten tomatoes think? Go see it and judge for yourself. Was it perfect? No. Was I entertained? Absolutely. It is the best Superman movie by far. And it really does redefine the term "action-packed."

It sounds like 2 hours of Superman beating the crap out of everyone with little seeds of advice from Kevin Costner.

Sounds awesome hahaha.

Back