Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that explains the confrontation. "Hey Hopeman, stop stealing my gig!" :lol

Bit of jealousy from Batman perhaps. Here comes a guy whose collateral damage 'for the greater good' far exceeds his own. He can't have that. Only Batman gets to destroy property and squash police cars and miraculously not kill anyone because the script says so.

I can imagine them exchanging notes:

Batman: "When I was a child, My father and mother were murdered before my eyes. That is what sent me down this path, to exact vengeance on all those who would hurt innocents."

Superman: "Pssh, my father committed suicide, running straight into a tornado. Worst thing is, he knew I had powers and could save him. But he forced me to sit and watch him die to prove some kind of point or something."

Batman: "Damn. . .yeah, that's ****ed up. You win."

Just watched it again on BD and even though it has it's flaws, I really enjoy this film. The art direction is "out of this world" ;)
Love all the Krypton scenes, tech and story. Even though not the best Superhero movie this year, it's still much better than Iron Drone 3, that's for sure!!! :lol

Batman: "When I was a child, My father and mother were murdered before my eyes. That is what sent me down this path, to exact vengeance on all those who would hurt innocents."

Superman: "Pssh, my father committed suicide, running straight into a tornado. Worst thing is, he knew I had powers and could save him. But he forced me to sit and watch him die to prove some kind of point or something."

:exactly: A Kent holding their hand out to Superman stops him more effectively than any measley kryptonite. :lol

Loved it- flaws and all. However after those two EPIC fights in the film- how in the world will Snyder try to outdo the battles in Batman/Superman (hate that title or VS or whatever- needs to be WORLD"S FINEST)??? Seems he went so big in MOS he may try to trash TWO cities this time!

Honestly, I've always chuckled at the very concept of a fight between Batman and Superman…
It's just ridiculous… Batman would be dead from a Supes' single punch… :lol

Superman lost to Mohammad Ali.

Honestly, I've always chuckled at the very concept of a fight between Batman and Superman…
It's just ridiculous… Batman would be dead from a Supes' single punch… :lol

Superman would have to be able to throw that punch. Short of getting the drop on Batman (which wouldn't happen), that wouldn't happen. :lol

:lol :lol :lol :goodpost:

If you can accept that a near invincible god alien can exist, then you should accept that a super genius human could beat him IMO.

Yeah, but the thing is, he has never actually defeated him, it has only happened in a handful of non canon issues, usually with more people helping Batman and Supes just holding back against him cause they're bros :1-1:

Bruce's plans rely in that he knows Clark too well, and he does know that he won't harm him, but in THIS situation, he doesn't know him at all, and after seeing what he did to Zod, he has every reason not to trust he won't kill him as well :lol Although I'm 100% sure Supes will never kill again after MoS, and that could be interesting to see if we get another heavy hitter villain.

Yeah, but the thing is, he has never actually defeated him, it has only happened in a handful of non canon issues, usually with more people helping Batman and Supes just holding back against him cause they're bros :1-1:

He's not only defeated him before in several canonical stories, but villains have stolen Batman's contingency plan and used it against Superman. The only reason Superman survived is because of Batman. So there are plenty of canonical stories which disprove your little statement. :wink1:

Bruce's plans rely in that he knows Clark too well, and he does know that he won't harm him, but in THIS situation, he doesn't know him at all, and after seeing what he did to Zod, he has every reason not to trust he won't kill him as well :lol Although I'm 100% sure Supes will never kill again after MoS, and that could be interesting to see if we get another heavy hitter villain.

I still think it's just going to be a minor scuffle with Batman getting the upper hand and them talking it out while Superman recovers, before they team up against the main villain of the film.

Back