Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truer words were never spoken.

qFknKez.png

K

you're crazy. :rotfl

A scene of some people cowering in a dark hole and then the "ceiling" being lifted off revealing Superman holding the rubbble up and people being in awe of him and scrambling out would've been great.

Yeah, it would. I could actually see that happening too.

That reminds me, that was a little annoying how involved Lois was. I didn't mind the beginning, but then she's out in the plane flying in a jumpsuit, then Superman saves her out of no where. Then Zod and Superman go across the city to fight and, BAM, here comes Lane walking down the steps, just in time for Superman to cry a river into her lap about Zod.

She's everywhere. Climbing unclimbable glaciers, in the fortress of solitude, talking with Jor-El, learning how to play MOS: The first person shooter, being brought on board, flying the plane. Literally every scene Superman is in, action or not, has Lois in it.

Then I'm sure people would say, "what's wrong with that", well I dunno, we ***** and moan about Pepper Potts but it's cool with Lois Lane? That just seemed odd.

I think Amy Adams is a great actress, but Lois didn't really have the pep and go getter attitude that I'd expect from the character. The "**** measuring" line was pretty good in the beginning of the film but after that she seems weak. It's like they threw her in there just in case they needed her to be saved . . . for every scene. UP, the video game robot is going to kill her for taking a pic (I thought Jimmy was her photographer, WUT)! UP, Superman you better help her, she's falling out of the atmosphere! SUPERMAN, HURRY UP! Everyone just died in the black hole of doom . . . except Lois, better catch her!

It took damsel in distress to new heights. Every scene, Lois/Superman, gotta save Lois. I thought the angle of having her pursue the "Superman" story was really cool, but she's in everything. Arctic, Kansas, Space, everything. Pretty weird for an origin story for the hero.

There should be a 2 savings per movie rule. In fact, that would be cool if Superman actually had that. "Only 2 per customer".

That reminds me, that was a little annoying how involved Lois was. I didn't mind the beginning, but then she's out in the plane flying in a jumpsuit, then Superman saves her out of no where. Then Zod and Superman go across the city to fight and, BAM, here comes Lane walking down the steps, just in time for Superman to cry a river into her lap about Zod.

She's everywhere. Climbing unclimbable glaciers, in the fortress of solitude, talking with Jor-El, learning how to play MOS: The first person shooter, being brought on board, flying the plane. Literally every scene Superman is in, action or not, has Lois in it.

Then I'm sure people would say, "what's wrong with that", well I dunno, we ***** and moan about Pepper Potts but it's cool with Lois Lane? That just seemed odd.

I think Amy Adams is a great actress, but Lois didn't really have the pep and go getter attitude that I'd expect from the character. The "**** measuring" line was pretty good in the beginning of the film but after that she seems weak. It's like they threw her in there just in case they needed her to be saved . . . for every scene. UP, the video game robot is going to kill her for taking a pic (I thought Jimmy was her photographer, WUT)! UP, Superman you better help her, she's falling out of the atmosphere! SUPERMAN, HURRY UP! Everyone just died in the black hole of doom . . . except Lois, better catch her!

It took damsel in distress to new heights. Every scene, Lois/Superman, gotta save Lois. I thought the angle of having her pursue the "Superman" story was really cool, but she's in everything. Arctic, Kansas, Space, everything. Pretty weird for an origin story for the hero.

Good point. They could've spread out "the saving" amongst some other folks.

tumblr_lwmsx1zLGC1r559kpo1_500.gif

There should be a 2 savings per movie rule. In fact, that would be cool if Superman actually had that. "Only 2 per customer".

****ing classic DiFabio. :rotfl

Except in Avengers, we don't really see people getting lifted up to the sky and then getting slammed into concrete submission again and again and again.

Because in avengers people were stuck under concrete and wreckage or trapped in collapsed buildings. In that movie not many had time to evacuate which why we don't see people running on the streets or getting lifted up or incinerated. In MoS, many of the onscreen casualties were miltary, and more people were on the streets because they had evacuated

Last edited:
Lois a damsel in distress? In this movie she's the complete opposite of a damsel in distress, she's one of the reasons MoS is being called the "feminist movie of the year" (Although I think it's silly), she and Faora, she's intelligent and assertive, the fact that she has to be saved so much it's due to the fact that she happens to be where Clark is at the time, it's not like Superman has to save her because SHE looks for trouble like in the comics.

Ok, I remember someone said something like "People die in avengers too, but we don't see it", well, do you actually see people dying in MoS? You see ONE pilot being squished by Nam-Ek, that's it.

That is a quintessential Superman trope, from the very first comics & Fleischer toons through the modern comics era & Bruce Timm animated shows and movies (in "Superman: Doomsday" Lois even jumps in a helicopter and flies right to the action!). I like these elements in MOS for that reason alone, and appreciate that it's there. It's the first ever live action Lois Lane that is actually doing Lois Lane stuff.

Lois a damsel in distress? In this movie she's the complete opposite of a damsel in distress, she's one of the reasons MoS is being called the "feminist movie of the year" (Although I think it's silly), she and Faora, she's intelligent and assertive, the fact that she has to be saved so much it's due to the fact that she happens to be where Clark is at the time, it's not like Superman has to save her because SHE looks for trouble like in the comics.

Following an unknown man into a cave, volunteering to go into a spaceship, walking into a building you know Zod is in is not asking for trouble, wut.

Superman flew buy a dude falling just to save her, just because she believed in him.

Ok, I remember someone said something like "People die in avengers too, but we don't see it", well, do you actually see people dying in MoS? You see ONE pilot being squished by Nam-Ek, that's it.

Faora smashes some military fools pretty hard, I would assume when all of them landed the blows would be fatal. It doesn't show them all die per say but I think its safe to assume when she tosses them like rag dolls they die off screen lol

WHAT??? No one told Lois to follow Clark into that glacier, no one told her to be in Smallville when Zod arrives, and no one told Lois to be on that plane before the Kryptonians were sucked back into the phantom zone. Those were her choices. She was looking for trouble. I still want to know how she made it to the train station so fast after Supes killed Zod.

it's not like Superman has to save her because SHE looks for trouble like in the comics.

You must have missed the scene where she carelessly ignores the message that it's -40 below outside after she says she has to tinkle and goes LOOKING for trouble by climbing a ****ing glacier, mountain thing, into a tunnel, only to be wounded when a nasty looking robot gets pissed that she took it's picture without asking.

OR, when she gets up from the safety of her strapped in seat, to the back of a plane to see EXPLOSIONS, FLYING FREAKS, AND FREAKIN' EYE LASERS. What did you think was going to happen while you hang on for dear life because you went out too far outside the cockpit?!?! YOU CAN'T FLY.

This is something every little girl should aspire to be. Russel Crowe would be proud. I hope I have a daughter that is this strong. Screw Catwoman, Sarah Connor, or Ripley, the assertive and "smart" Lois Lane is where it's at. ****, Pepper Potts too, she only had SUPER POWERS and saved Tony Stark's life AND wore Iron Man armor!

WHAT??? No one told Lois to follow Clark into that glacier, no one told her to be in Smallville when Zod arrives, and no one told Lois to be on that plane before the Kryptonians were sucked back into the phantom zone. Those were her choices. She was looking for trouble. I still want to know how she made it to the train station so fast after Supes killed Zod.

She's Lois Lane.

That is a quintessential Superman trope, from the very first comics & Fleischer toons through the modern comics era & Bruce Timm animated shows and movies (in "Superman: Doomsday" Lois even jumps in a helicopter and flies right to the action!). I like these elements in MOS for that reason alone, and appreciate that it's there. It's the first ever live action Lois Lane that is actually doing Lois Lane stuff.

Oh, I didn't mind a couple of times. I expected that. That's what happens to Lois.

But every scene Superman was in? She's much too prominent. If it had been twice, I'd have no problem. Did she really need to be at the end though? No way. Who was that secretary chick, the Jenny girl? They could have EASILY wrote her out and put Lois in her stead at the film's climax and have Perry save her. The Jenny girl wasn't built up at all. Atleast Perry had a few scenes earlier in the film. Just have him go in and save Lois, or have those two working together to get out of the rubble. Classic Lois and Perry. It's be appropriate after their whole issue of going/not going with the story Lois was making. Right?

Or hell, you want role reversal, have Perry be trapped in the rubble and give Lois something to do.

The last couple of saves, boarding Kryptonian vessels, being with THE ARMY, just didn't make any sense.

Amy Adams' Lois is the first since Kidder that didn't annoy the heck out of me with her attitude and complete disregard for her own safety. I really thought that she displayed initiative in an organic, believable manner and backed off when the situation called for it.

Seriously? I give you that she went to follow Clark on a glacier, but that was her journalist curiosity, but she DID NOT volunteered to go on the ship, she was forced, and she was on the cargo bay of the plane because she was the one who "knew" how to make the kryptonian key work that is not looking for trouble.

Faora smashes some military fools pretty hard, I would assume when all of them landed the blows would be fatal. It doesn't show them all die per say but I think its safe to assume when she tosses them like rag dolls they die off screen lol

By that logic we can also make all kinds of assumptions on how many people died in several scenes in Avengers...

Not true, Margot Kidder did the same thing in the first Superman movie with the helicopter, and in part two with the bomb on the elevator. Real Lois Lane stuff. I find it funny when we discuss the differences about Cavill's superman to all the previous versions the changes are cool, but when the questions about Lois comes up its ok because she's doing what she always does.

and she was on the cargo bay of the plane because she was the one who "knew" how to make the kryptonian key work that is not looking for trouble.

How hard is it to put the key in the key hole? I would hope anyone would know how to make that work, it's not rocket science. :lol

As soon as you put that damn thing in, there's "sorta real" Jor-El telling you what to do.

Back