Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

Ultimate moment for him to scream "KNEEL" :rotfl

I was kinda pissed they didn't ref. that line at all.

I think Loki screamed "KNEEL!" at everyone once too often last summer, plus the original Zod, etc. etc. So they may have held it as being overused.

Although I would have paid an extra dollar on my ticket price to see Michael Shannon scream "KNEEL!" at Supes, truth. :wink1:

Last edited:

Giving the soundtrack a listen recently I'm having a difficult time with enjoying it seperate from the movie. There's a handful of motifs and they are repeated often and framed with different arrangements of synth and percussion. I keep wanting something to form into a full fledged theme and it never did. You can listen to the "Sketchbook" track and you'll pretty much get it all.

Giving the soundtrack a listen recently I'm having a difficult time with enjoying it seperate from the movie. There's a handful of motifs and they are repeated often and framed with different arrangements of synth and percussion. I keep wanting something to form into a full fledged theme and it never did. You can listen to the "Sketchbook" track and you'll pretty much get it all.

I love the sketchbook track.

I haven't seen the film yet but I would guess the theme doesn't become 'fully formed' because Superman himself is a work in progress during the course of the film.

I love the hints at the theme though - it's very Zimmer and very moving for me at least.

See this on Friday!

Kryptonians banish their criminals... the action of Kal killing Zod symbolizes him becoming more of our planet.

Don't get me start with the soundtrack! Such a missed opportunity for Zimmer or a better composer to come up with something good.

390074_10153139830390107_2011294149_n.jpg

Do any of you guys know if it fits in well with the TDK book; size-wise, I mean?

I love the sketchbook track.

I haven't seen the film yet but I would guess the theme doesn't become 'fully formed' because Superman himself is a work in progress during the course of the film.

I love the hints at the theme though - it's very Zimmer and very moving for me at least.

See this on Friday!

i think the score is very suitable for the film... it has an organic vibe... it balances nicely with the action and emotion on screen.

But its been done before if comics cartoons superman has killed maybe it haunts him in the second movie.

It may haunt his conscience, and it may haunt him in more literal ways. If Faora is still out there, and I think she is... she may well try to avenge Zod. Not to mention, Superman destroyed the only home she had left, as well as everyone else from Krypton that she knew. She's now alone on an alien planet, with nothing better to do than try to take a piece out of the guy responsible for those losses.

Comics continuity seems sort of ambivalent as to the actual relationship between Zod and Faora - if I'm remembering correctly - so if there was anything personal between them, that will make her distress even worse. I don't think Kal-El has seen the last of her by a long shot.

My god, the few people criticizing the movie don't even have a point, just sarcasm, guess that happens when you don't have enough material to hate on something, Avengers this avengers that, I loved Avengers but it was completely mindless, MoS had heart, soul, a good script, and it wasn't too fast IMO, sure it had technical flaws, what movie doesn't? It's still less flawed than the Nolan Trilogy and Avengers.

I loved it and I'm a Supes fan.

If Faora is still out there, and I think she is... she may well try to avenge Zod. Not to mention, Superman destroyed the only home she had left, as well as everyone else from Krypton that she knew. She's now alone on an alien planet, with nothing better to do than try to take a piece out of the guy responsible for those losses.

Wasn't Faroa also sucked into the PZ after the crash with the world engine? I hope she comes back in MoS2.

Ah, thanks. I can't believe I still haven't picked that one up yet. I really need to. Currently, I own the "The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy" one.

Yeah it's worth a pick up man. It fits well with the vault style books with all the little pull out thingys that every man-child should love haha. I forgot there was a MoS book out, have to wait till pay day :D

My god, the few people criticizing the movie don't even have a point, just sarcasm, guess that happens when you don't have enough material to hate on something, Avengers this avengers that, I loved Avengers but it was completely mindless, MoS had heart, soul, a good script, and it wasn't too fast IMO, sure it had technical flaws, what movie doesn't? It's still less flawed than the Nolan Trilogy and Avengers.

I loved it and I'm a Supes fan.

Oh please.....

Back