Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I never rewatch trailers online.

I've watched this thing 6 times and freeze framed stepped through it.

If this is the jumping off point for the DC film universe, wow.

Not a bad trailer, didn't really show too much though.

Superman in action looks pretty damn good, I bet the battles between him and Zod are something else. I guess instead of three Krypton prisoners there's four now?

Only "meh" thing was the music. That didn't do anything for me. If that is an actual Zimmer theme for the movie, it seems pretty bland.

Gonna be cautiously optimistic with this one. I remember the Superman Returns trailers being really great too but being bored and disappointed with the end result.

I actually found the building score to be an improvement over the misplaced LOTR music used in the last couple of trailers.

This looks great. I was waiting for an excellent Man of Steel trailer to come along and put my excitement for Iron Man 3 in check. DC is more than capable of meeting and even surpassing Marvel's current success, and this looks to be a good start. I hope...

This looks amazing... It's seriously one of the best trailers I have ever seen... It also make me even more angry with Bryan Singer and Superman Returns. Such a horror of a film! But thankfully, it shelved the character until these team of film makers came alone and we got (what I hope) the superman film the world wants to see!

Volleyball punching of Zod across a city!

Overall I think it looks pretty good. Won't know anything really until I see the movie. If anything, I believe we'll finally get the action that the Superman character always deserved in a movie. The technology wasn't available with the Reeve films and they pretty much avoided action with Superman Returns. I liked the bit with Lois and Superman at the end. The chemistry seems to be there. It wasn't with Routh & Bosworth.

Can't wait to see this movie. The music and the action looks so damn crazy.

Awesome trailer, this has been my most anticated movie for a while and now the excitement level has risen loads. Loved hearing all the little nods to various comics storylines. Hopefully the movie lives up to the trailers and that this really is the way of future DC films. Thy need it.

Yeah, that looks really good. I know it might be too early to say but this Superman looks and feel POWERFUL. Looks like they finally captured the essence of the (arguably) strongest superhero of all time.

I like this dark tone DC has chosen for it's movies. It works really well. If they had done Green Lantern like this or TDK it would have been a huge success.

My favorite parts is what I was expecting, that very dynamic high energy style from Snyder, the guy was meant to direct a Superman movie, they're a perfect fit for visual movement.

The music is still up in the air though.

WB will be selling DC if this movie tanks. :lol

Overall I think it looks pretty good. Won't know anything really until I see the movie. If anything, I believe we'll finally get the action that the Superman character always deserved in a movie. The technology wasn't available with the Reeve films and they pretty much avoided action with Superman Returns. I liked the bit with Lois and Superman at the end. The chemistry seems to be there. It wasn't with Routh & Bosworth.

:exactly: Their chemistry was horrible. :lecture

I want to see a photoshop of Joker/Bond/Superman together in a interrogation room. :lol

I guess I wasn't quite as blown away as everyone else seems to be, but it does look good.

I could have used less pondering & more action myself; but the music is completely forgettable.........felt like a variation of the first one.....so I rate it as 'decent'

Iron man 3 has NOTHING to worry about, IMO.

Last edited:

In terms of the opening scene the destruction of Krypton and the trail of General Zod I think it will be hard to top Brando in his performance and the way Krypton looked the opening scene it was revolutionary back then a model was constructed. I still not entirely sold on the these new medieval armor Krypton armor I thought the would go with something with a futuristic look.

Back