Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I agree with these

" I don't buy into Snyders statement that the Williams theme is too heavily linked with the Christopher Reeve films. It's not. The classic Williams theme is as iconic as the character himself and even though the character is comic book first and foremost, that theme is every bit as much a part of him as the red and blue, the S, Lois Lane, Kypton and Daily Planet. The theme has transcended the Reeve films, it's part of the character and Snyder is wrong to not use it."

"The simple truth is, that score will represent Superman for as long as there is a Superman. And it should."

And what was all this fuss over font? When you can CLEARLY tell it's just him mom talking to him through the door helping him out while he can hear everyone on the planet talking all at once.

I'm a die hard Superman fan.

- I have trouble getting used to the new costume
- I'm bummed they won't be using JW's theme
- I have mixed feelings with the toned down images that give this Superman a depressing look when the guy is a symbol of hope.

... Yet, I also think all this is for the best. They will obviously be compared to the preceding movies and the best way is to start fresh. That is the only way if they want to make it a success. They need to rethink every aspect or fail because the past incarnations are too big a copy would be instant failure.

Trust me, it took me a lot of time to be able to admit this, but I don't think it can work otherwise.

Like most I love S1/S2, they're classics.

Intro to S1 still one of the best intros in movie history.

Everlasting classic that can easily be chosen as the superior Superman film even though SR had better special effects.

I so much want a modern Superman movie to surpass S1/S2 though.

I hope this one is that movie, something even better than our beloved classic.

I hope Superman spins the earth backwards everytime Batman retires. :lol

Last edited:

Best part of SR was the opening titles.

Although I did enjoy watching it a while back. It's kinda interesting. It's still a terrible hero flick though. But it's pretty. It's closer to Ang Lee's Hulk, but at least Superman does some superman things, and they look cool.

It was pretty goddamn boring. Saw it opening day. Blagh.

Watching it on AMC, with DVR was a much more pleasant experience.

SR was boring, only cool scene was plane rescue, and even dat was just ok.

Superman vs Big Rock

ZZzzz ZZzzz

Hulk is better than all pre-Avengers fims minus Iron Man.
GTFO_zps2813970c.gif

Back