Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

At the very least, this movie will be visually epic, all of Snyder's films are IMO, but I hope it's great, we need a new, decent Super Man movie. I look forward to the HT figure.

Given how overinflated his ego is now with the remark about TDKR being the biggest film since the Silent Era, he'll cast Tony Cox as Doomsday.

He was speaking in terms of extras. While there have been films with "casts of thousands" since the silent era it certainly isn't something we've seen in the last, what, three or four decades?

He was speaking in terms of extras. While there have been films with "casts of thousands" since the silent era it certainly isn't something we've seen in the last, what, three or four decades?

Nope, Carl already pointed out the discrepancy in that theory. :lol

I don't peruse the TDKR threads. What's the discrepancy? I'm not doubting, just genuinely curious. Probably some enormously popular movies I'm not thinking of. :lol

I thought Gandhi was the discrepancy? Still a couple of decades old now, or 3?

Three decades as of this year. I don't know why he'd mention the "silent era" when you've got Spartacus and all the Biblical epics of the 60's but if this is the first such film since Ghandi that's still pretty impressive and quite exciting IMO.

Last edited:

Gandhi used about 20x more extras than TDKR and happend 60 years AFTER the silent era.

Nolan was just smoking his own pole.

Gandhi's funeral scene was something that will never be topped just because of how it went down. They didn't higher extras, they used political PR to invite people to come out and celebrate Gandhi on the actual anniversary of the day he was buried. As a result, the country showed up.

You guys are such spazzes sometimes. :lol

Okay so like one movie in the last half century had more extras. Die Nolan die for your lies! :panic:

The simple fact of the matter is that Nolan made a statement and boast about his film that is not true. He was either being purposely dishonest, or was just factually ignorant. And because it was said to pump up his own work it just comes off as at least a tad distasteful. If someone like Stephen Sommers or Brett Ratner did it everyone would bring out the pitchforks. But because it's Saint Nolan...

Gandhi's funeral scene was something that will never be topped just because of how it went down. They didn't higher extras, they used political PR to invite people to come out and celebrate Gandhi on the actual anniversary of the day he was buried. As a result, the country showed up.

Yeah, I don't think it really "counts" when they just film large crowds of regular people. I guess Nolan should have given The Naked Gun props for filming in a sold out baseball stadium. :lol

If someone like Stephen Sommers or Brett Ratner did it everyone would bring out the pitchforks.

No because nobody reads their interviews. Stephen Sommers said that the Paris Hummer chase in Rise of Cobra destroyed the most cars in the history of film. I seriously doubt that RoC topped The Blues Brothers or the opening of Beverly Hills Cop. Has anyone said one word to call him on it? Nope. :D

The simple fact of the matter is that Nolan made a statement and boast about his film that is not true. He was either being purposely dishonest, or was just factually ignorant. And because it was said to pump up his own work it just comes off as at least a tad distasteful. If someone like Stephen Sommers or Brett Ratner did it everyone would bring out the pitchforks. But because it's Saint Nolan...

Which proves he's a liar. :lol

No because nobody reads their interviews. Stephen Sommers said that the Paris Hummer chase in Rise of Cobra destroyed the most cars in the history of film. I seriously doubt that RoC topped The Blues Brothers or the opening of Beverly Hills Cop. Has anyone said one word to call him on it? Nope. :D

Are people trolling this forum acting like Sommers is the infallible messiah of film? :dunno

"A tad distasteful." I won't argue with that. :duff

I remember almost doing a full on "spittake" when Stan Winston stated that no one has done more to advance cinema in all of history than James Cameron but at least he was saying it about someone *else.* Making a "best bla bla bla since bla bla bla" statement about your own work is a bit tacky, especially if it's wrong. :lol

Back