Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I wonder what made him change his mind. Probably $$

That quote just furthers my belief that he won't be going for a memorable theme like Williams.

It'll probably be a moody score and have a heroic refrain for Supes that builds up and gets 'fleshed out' during the course of the film

471972_442134652478269_1555926113_o.jpg

Peter Parker and Clark Kent walk into a tailor shop...

Clearly its going to be nothing like Williams' work. Sounds like he doesn't want to even try to do anything comparable.

I wonder what made him change his mind. Probably $$ + Nolan...

:lol yeah I remember that.
Mb he realised that his talk about "one of his greatest themes" and "rewriting Beethoven's Ninth" was tooooo silly.

Clearly its going to be nothing like Williams' work. Sounds like he doesn't want to even try to do anything comparable.
He don't need to.

:lol yeah I remember that.
Mb he realised that his talk about "one of his greatest themes" and "rewriting Beethoven's Ninth" was tooooo silly.

:dunno Nothing silly about saying the Superman theme is one of Williams greatest themes. It is. Arguably the best. I also don't think there'd be anything silly about suggesting it as one of the best pieces of music ever written.

Indeed we shall.

Superman requires an entirely different type of scoring than he's done with the Batman films. It will be interesting to see how he approaches it.

Hans Zimmer is a great composer but has he scored any memorable themes? Off the top of my head I feel like Travolta's theme from Broken Arrow might be his coolest (which was randomly copied for Dewey in Scream 2.) :lol

Crimson Tide was good but not really "transcedent" like so many from Williams.

Hans Zimmer is a great composer but has he scored any memorable themes? Off the top of my head I feel like Travolta's theme from Broken Arrow might be his coolest. :lol

Void mentioned Gladiator which I agree has memorable themes that are more than just brrrrrrr BRRRRRRRRRR! (not that I dislike his Batman music, I do like it). And I'm sure hes done lots more. He did Rainman I think - totally different kind of film obviously but it has a good melody piece of music in it.

Ohhh forgot about that one. That does have an incredible march in it.

Hans Zimmer is a great composer but has he scored any memorable themes? Off the top of my head I feel like Travolta's theme from Broken Arrow might be his coolest (which was randomly copied for Dewey in Scream 2.) :lol

Lion King!

:dunno Nothing silly about saying the Superman theme is one of Williams greatest themes. It is. Arguably the best. I also don't think there'd be anything silly about suggesting it as one of the best pieces of music ever written.
Still sounds silly and pathetic.
You can respect the work of those who came before and it does not necessarily to "lick their asses" for/on public.

Yeah but still if you yell "Gladiator" people go "huh, what?" But you say "JAWS" and you've got a tune you're humming on the fourth of July. :lecture

:lol

No one beats Williams. Not in ability, talent or impact on the industry. Who else has scored so many classics, the Olympics, the Nightly News and the Boston Pops?

Personally I think this film will ultimately be a letdown. It's clear that Snyder is taking his own spin on this, couple that with the Nolan vacuum ideals and the more and more I see from Lois not looking like Lois to homeless Superman to the new 52ish suit (which I actually hate) to the Sauron battle armor for Kryptonians to the impractical Leonidas cape, I feel like it's going to be a hodge podge of stuff that resembles Supermanesque stuff but will be overdone to the point of not hitting the mark. Hell the Kryptonian suits remind me of something Burton would have pushed into his failed attempt. This definitely has a long way to go to get me on-board.

Yeah but still if you yell "Gladiator" people go "huh, what?" But you say "JAWS" and you've got a tune you're humming on the fourth of July. :lecture

:lol Good bit of paraphrasing of a Jaws line. I'll think of an appropriate response later on when the moment is long gone. The Gladiator music is reasonably well known though. I'm sure I've heard it used in trailers and sporting events. Though perhaps people aren't recognising what its from.

Still sounds silly and pathetic.
You can respect the work of those who came before and it does not necessarily to "lick their asses" for/on public.

So you just don't like the lickarsedness of him saying it, not necessarily what he actually said?

That quote just furthers my belief that he won't be going for a memorable theme like Williams.

It'll probably be a moody score and have a heroic refrain for Supes that builds up and gets 'fleshed out' during the course of the film

I realize you like to open your butt for these guys but seriously, why even bother if the intent is just to halfass a score? YAY! I EXCEL AT MEDIOCRITY!!!! :cuckoo:

Personally I think this film will ultimately be a letdown. It's clear that Snyder is taking his own spin on this, couple that with the Nolan vacuum ideals and the more and more I see from Lois not looking like Lois to homeless Superman to the new 52ish suit (which I actually hate) to the Sauron battle armor for Kryptonians to the impractical Leonidas cape, I feel like it's going to be a hodge podge of stuff that resembles Supermanesque stuff but will be overdone to the point of not hitting the mark. Hell the Kryptonian suits remind me of something Burton would have pushed into his failed attempt. This definitely has a long way to go to get me on-board.

The cape is pretty amazing, actually.

Back