Malignant (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesy shlock. The acting and music was terrible. Poor editing and the story needed to be revised. Good lighting and camera work though. 4 out of 10.

Last edited:
The first act was meh, the second act picked it up a little, and then the final act was so ridiculously enjoyable. I can't remember the last time a horror movie had me that excited.

When did you pick up on
Spoiler Spoiler:
That’s how I Felt watching it, I love B rated movies and campy horror flicks so it was fresh to me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This has got to be the weirdest reason to bump a thread though but still watch it even if you don’t like it. Just kidding.

I am actually obsessed about how much Seattle underground is left unexplored 🤔🤔
I remember first becoming aware of the Seattle underground when it was featured in the made-for-TV movie The Night Strangler back in the early 70s, which was a follow-up to the hit The Night Stalker from the prior year. Those were fun, creepy movies back in the day, starring Darrin McGavin as intrepid report Carl Kolchak.

I saw this movie a few weeks ago, and it feels like a retread on the psycho killer movies that have been done in the past. More specifically, the "Scream" inspired genre of movies that have been mainstay on network television since the late 90s. The "revelation" about the killer feels forced and thrown in there for the sake of trying some new. It's like this: Imagine if you ate the same old burger for lunch everyday for the past 15 years, but then one day, you decided to add a new topping. While it adds a new flavor, it doesn't change the burger in any significant way. That's basically what you're getting with Malignant. You've seen this movie before with another title. You may like it, or you may decide it's a bit too cliche for your tastes.

Back