Statue Making The Change to PRIME ONE Studios Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually really surprised at this. With many of us getting up in age, I would've thought the wife (or sig other) would be a big force in curbing collections to be smaller, yet somehow these companies keep churning out stuff that's bigger and bigger. And while they do look super cool, I just don't know why they're getting so damn big! I know the credo is bigger is better for many (aka that's what she said), but when a statue is getting at the cost of rent for a NY apartment, I have to stop and question that a bit. Me personally, I'm amazed when a company can cram a lot of detail into something that fits on a desk! Anybody can detail something as big as the Hulk. Try doing that on a grain of rice! I'm not telling you guys what to do. Obviously you guys have mucho cash and unlimited space (can I have your job?) so buy whatever. Enjoy. I'm just flippin surprised is all.

As talked a little about previously, I believe one of the driving forces to 1/3 scale is higher profit levels for the companies producing them.
They are charging substantially more than 1/4 scale statues (and those aren't being sold at cost obviously....), often around double the price and while I'd admit I have no visibility to their costs, I just can't see the costs of production being anything remotely approaching double.

Companies are also doing it to get around exclusive licenses.
The big boys only used to buy licenses for the scales they were producing (generally 1/6 articulated) but after Enterbay found the loophole and started producing 1/4 scale articulated figures, license rights started getting signed for all formats in 1/6 and 1/4.

So the next step .....1/3 !! :D :D:D
....see Blitzway's 1/3 scale Bruce Lee's which did quite well for them.

Look at the 1:4 statues now and a while back. The base of newer statues are super super tall. I guess that's a way for companies to increase price

Look at the 1:4 statues now and a while back. The base of newer statues are super super tall. I guess that's a way for companies to increase price

Or just make the whole package more interesting, depends on what they do with them. Many early bases were glorified stands. They seem to be getting almost as much effort as the figure itself anymore.

FYI...the DC stuff is New 52
Maybe we are jumping to conclusions there. They are doing a Dark Knight Returns Batman so it's possible they are doing variations of each character.

Isn't SSC doing their 2nd classic Hal Jordan GL? It could be that Prime 1 was forced to do the New52 version of GL so they wouldn't be competing with their US distributor. This might be bad news for those looking for a classic Spider-Man from Prime 1, but they might make some versions we wanted that we thought we'd never see.

Maybe we are jumping to conclusions there. They are doing a Dark Knight Returns Batman so it's possible they are doing variations of each character.

Isn't SSC doing their 2nd classic Hal Jordan GL? It could be that Prime 1 was forced to do the New52 version of GL so they wouldn't be competing with their US distributor. This might be bad news for those looking for a classic Spider-Man from Prime 1, but they might make some versions we wanted that we thought we'd never see.

The Dark Knight Returns is a skin in the Arkham games

c48f30acb3465076144cad99cf43733b.jpg

The Dark Knight Returns is a skin in the Arkham games
I know it's a skin but I thought it was confirmed that this is a 1/4 which is the comic line. Arkham statues are 1/3. Plus the teaser looked more like an action pose which unlike the Arkham statues which are more museum pose.

I agree with most people here about the New 52 designs, not a fan of those. But I like this Hal Jordan outfit, looked fine to me in the comics.

Picked up my first three Prime 1 Studio pieces recently..
TMNT Raphael = Very Nice..
Transformers Bumblebee = Outstanding..
Arkham Knight Batman = HOLY $#&*!!!

I am in the midst of a transition from figures to statues and the quality on these guys is amazing. I purposely keep a small collection. I never wanted figures and statues to overtake the room. I started off with Masterpiece Transformers and in every step of my collecting evolution the scale of my collectibles increased. From Transformers I went to 1/6. From 1/6 to 1/4. I had no intentions of moving from 1/4 but I could not resist the PCS protos of Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile. And now with the Prime 1 Batman I'm fully convinced that the way for me is to have small collection of impressive, large scale pieces. 1/2 is too big for my current residence. I can do 1/2 as a bust but not in full form. 1/3 has a crazy wow factor to me. Batman is absolutely huge and my eye goes immediately to that piece when i walk in the room. It's very impressive. I almost pulled the trigger on the Sideshow Predator 2 maquette recently. It's not 1/3 but it's a big piece. Then I studied some pictures closely and I think that i have become spoiled with Prime 1's paint work. I just dont think that I would be happy with a lesser paint job at this point so i'm holding out hope that the new Predator movie gives Prime 1 a chance to produce some Predator pieces.

Yes ... ! I have three Prime 1 pieces DOTM Optimus , Optimus Prime Knight edition and Leonardo. ( his brothers on flex) Every piece I have has virtually flawless paint apps Prime 1 has and is producing fantastic statues .. I'm sold too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the EX Deathstroke on PO and I'm just waiting on an AA or AC Batman. I may add a Arkham Joker as well but that'll be it for my 1/3 pieces. Not interested in their 1/4 DC line since the costumes are New 52 based. However, I'm looking forward to seeing what Prime has cooking in the 1/4 Marvel game.

I've got the EX Deathstroke on PO and I'm just waiting on an AA or AC Batman. I may add a Arkham Joker as well but that'll be it for my 1/3 pieces. Not interested in their 1/4 DC line since the costumes are New 52 based. However, I'm looking forward to seeing what Prime has cooking in the 1/4 Marvel game.

Yeah their DC line looks fantastic and I really appreciate the pieces, but I am a Marvel guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the Guyver anime line and Witcher. Those will be enough for me.

I'm definitely on board the Prime 1 train. They first caught my eye with the Transformers Bumblebee, I was very tempted to get that one. I only hope I will be able to get back close to what I paid for for my SSC statues (Batman, probably Superman, might keep my Cap/Red Skull/Dr.Doom b/c I think they're pretty cool, haha, unless Prime 1 blows me away with their versions). Worst case, I'll give them off to friends and have them flex pay me in food.

Right now I'm waiting on more Batman Prime 1 to be revealed, eyes set on AA/AC/AO/Jim Lee (whichever one looks the best), whichever version of Joker they do, possibly Deathstroke. I want to get more of their 1/3 line, like Two-Face and Bane and Harley, but space is prohibiting. If their 1/4 line is great too, I might settle for that, but like someone earlier said, the new 52 designs I might pass on but we'll see. Any chance they'll do classic designs?

They are just too big.
Not only 1/3 scale but on top of massive bases.
My max clearance for display is 76cm (PCS's Conan and ARH's Tarzan Rage both just over 73cm!).
As an example, Prime 1 Arkham Batman is 86cm. Its not even close lol

I was mostly Sideshow PF but once I bought Donatello from the new Ninja Turtles movies it just suck me in...Prime 1 studios rocks! A month later, I got me Batman Armored 1/2, Superman 1/2 pre-ordered, all the other Ninja Turtles to complete the set plus Splinter and now I am thinking about the 3rd piece of the Batman V Superman Line...these guys are the best in business right now.

Back