Statue Making The Change to PRIME ONE Studios Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like a mix of HT's, PF's and a few Prime 1 pieces in my collection, never going away from PF's, with the horror, Terminator, Lord of the rings, star wars, and predator lineups sideshow have to offer, but I got to have the prime 1's ROTF Megatron, DOTM Optimus Prime, and the classic turtles. I wish prime 1 would try and do more 1/4 scale statues, but oh well.

I actually like a mix of HT's, PF's and a few Prime 1 pieces in my collection, never going away from PF's, with the horror, Terminator, Lord of the rings, star wars, and predator lineups sideshow have to offer, but I got to have the prime 1's ROTF Megatron, DOTM Optimus Prime, and the classic turtles. I wish prime 1 would try and do more 1/4 scale statues, but oh well.

Of course, I got me some great 1/4 PF pieces I am not parting ways any time soon plus others pre-ordered but I never thought that I could move my focus away from those until I was introduced to Prime 1 statues...Majestic pieces.

I was mostly Sideshow PF but once I bought Donatello from the new Ninja Turtles movies it just suck me in...Prime 1 studios rocks! A month later, I got me Batman Armored 1/2, Superman 1/2 pre-ordered, all the other Ninja Turtles to complete the set plus Splinter and now I am thinking about the 3rd piece of the Batman V Superman Line...these guys are the best in business right now.

O yeah! Just paid last flex on Donatello ( his brothers still on flex) Have DOTM Optimus, Knight Prime and Leonardo. Prime 1 does rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, I got me some great 1/4 PF pieces I am not parting ways any time soon plus others pre-ordered but I never thought that I could move my focus away from those until I was introduced to Prime 1 statues...Majestic pieces.

No question they are, but they come at an incredible price, PF's while the prices are rising they still are affordable. Prime 1 are rising fast has the best company, but could never collect too many, the scale and price is a bit much, but I wont turn down Megatron, Optimus prime and the classic turtles

No question they are, but they come at an incredible price, PF's while the prices are rising they still are affordable. Prime 1 are rising fast has the best company, but could never collect too many, the scale and price is a bit much, but I wont turn down Megatron, Optimus prime and the classic turtles

Great pieces! I am trying myself to include one of this to my own personal collection. Great collectibles!

86b6bf010cfaf50a7c6c265d5e0d526f.jpg
74264ab10cb15830d75e3bfc80923bb7.jpg
39df52300c89feac404a8dc62ec53d89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over a year later having 2 at home and 3 on the way wow. The boxes and sizes of these sobered me up. As much as I want more then a handful that's about all I can get and display properly, a handful give or take.

My haves & PO
Deathstroke EX
Batman Beyond EX
Noel EX
Batman prestige
TDKR EX

My wants
Batgirl EX
Robin EX
Batman Flashpoint
Mr Freeze
SS Batman

And they need to hurry and show Keaton so I can finally walk away I'm literally holding a spot for him not even sure if he will be 1/3 or gosh 1/2 scale. I was a little disappointed when we was not at the recent event.

I'm pretty sure Keaton was said to be 1/3 when the teaser came out. Keaton, Catwoman, and Penguin are three I will not be able to say no to if they end up doing all three. A Bale batman would be fun but 1/2 is too big and expensive. I just ordered my first prime 1 statues, movie harley and venom, and I have a year to prepare for them, possibly trimming the collection before then. The only statue I have comparable to 1/3 is the sentinel maquette, and it's huge.

It was interesting to read through this thread again a year later because I think pfs were just starting to regularly hit the price point of $499.99 or more a pop. I was cautious with what I bought the last few years and considered the Batman premium format a big plunge at $400. Fast forward and the newmar catwoman I just received is $420, small and basic. I trimmed the collection down considerably this year selling all of the dc comic batman related statues and a few of the x-men pfs I just wasn't happy with. I like the idea of just buying a few large impressive statues that I would put in the "I would never sell category" as compared to some of the sideshow pfs that aren't that great. I really think I'm going to trend toward a few very select prime 1 statues because I like the detail and fully sculpted. I like their museum poses and don't really find them boring at all. I haven't seen one upcoming statue from them that looks totally awkward or begs the question, "what were you thinking.?" Then I look at the sideshow x men pfs I have and jean grey looks weird, rogue has sloppy paint, phoenix I would have chosen green, storm should have been the white costume, colossus wobbles on his base, nightcrawler should have been classic. I know a lot of people like these statues but once you see a few perfect statues like the new wolverine or museum deadpool, the bad statues stick out. I mostly mention this because I'm tryng to convince myself to sell the remaining statues I don't like but keep because they are part of the team. The argument makes more sense if I see it written. My list of characters I would like to get going forward is pretty limited, X-Men, Keaton era Batman, Bale era batman, original trilogy star wars (Han, Luke, Vader), and a 1/4 Iron Man MKVII. I like the keaton and bale offerings from sideshow but would consider replacing them if better options are made.

I noticed too that even though I've become more selective and stopped taking chances on 6-7 pfs at $360 a year, I still spend as much on 3-4 pfs at $500 a pop. It is easier when you're selling old statues to pay for new ones though. I'd feel worse if I were holding on to everything and pouring new money into this. Alright anyway, Prime 1 pieces look good and I'll be trying my first one a year from now. In the meantime, sell stuff you don't absolutely like. Good thread Bgnyc007, I always like the "direction of your collection" threads. It's interesting to see how other collectors think.

The boxes, its always about the boxes! 1/3 is just too big for me and my collecting habits. I mean, I guess I could incorporate 1 or 2, but that scale could never be the direction I went with my collection. Too massive, and the storage needed...I mean, the 1/5 Mythos pieces had huge boxes. I really think people fall in love with pictures, and don't quite understand what they are getting themselves into.

Heck, reminds me of a conversation I had at a comic shop in Germany. I casually mention I'm getting into statues, the guys says, "don't, you wont have space for anything else. Or money." Then went on to tell me his basement was full of boxes.

Now as a signature piece or two...say Christopher Reeve Superman, yeah I could make that work.

Back