Making a Custom 1/4 Darth Vader Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
How hard would it be to make a custom 1/4 Darth Vader Premium Format if you had the Sideshow helmet, fabric cloak and inner robes, working lightsaber, chest panel and belt, upper body armor and base?

You would only need to sculpt a basic figure shape with a material texture, gloves and boots. So, you could then pose it in any way you want. If you had the time to add wires then you could make all the light-up features work as well.

Just something I'm thinking about and thought I'd post here about it.

What Vader pose would be the best to go with?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

There are a number of 1/4 bodies out now... might be able to cobble a figure together based on one of them.

I was thinking that even if I used an old action man figure then I could just paint it black, sculpt on a layer for Vaders outfit, then stick all the bits on to it! :joy

The boots and gloves would also need to be sculpted but that wouldn't be too hard... there might be some old action man plastic boots out there that could be painted black.

So, there is a good possibilty that a 'posable' 1/4 scale Darth Vader Premium Format could be made! :banana

EDIT: Or I could use one of these bodies! :banana

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC70233
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC70202

Hi, PsychoCenobite! If you want wide possibilty, try this body.
Amazing spiderman 18-inch from Toybiz

P1000700.jpg

It' about over 60 articulation points
Good luck
Vold

Ooh, that's quit good and some of the texturing looks a lot like that on the Sideshow Vader... it just needs to be painted black.

I'm not sure if I'll give this a go or just sell the parts but I thought I could give some tips of the types of bodies people could use if they wanted to give this a go.

That is a smart pose... I might consider that but holding the lightsaber facing downwards across his legs. Like he's standing there saying 'Come and 'av a go if you think you're hard enough!' :lol

I've decided to put the parts up on eBay tomorrow.

I know I'm not skilled enough to pull this off and I'd might as well give someone else the chance to.

Back