Make a Darth Vader from loose parts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidey1588

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Anyone ever made a Vader figure from all sorts of loose parts, such as Medicom, Sideshow, or Hasbro?

i wanna make one, even if I have to buy and modify parts from a bunch of places.

ALSO, please direct me to a thread if this topic already exists. Thanks.

Anyone ever made a Vader figure from all sorts of loose parts, such as Medicom, Sideshow, or Hasbro?

i wanna make one, even if I have to buy and modify parts from a bunch of places.

ALSO, please direct me to a thread if this topic already exists. Thanks.

Is this a case of you LIKE building one? Because if it's for the Vader only, I'd suggest just going with the latest Sideshow offering. You'll be off cheaper in the end probable. If not, then I'd probably look if you can track Marmit stuff. Those I hear are great sculpts. Never seen one in the flesh though. Don't bother with Medicom stuff it won't scale with either other companies materials.

Mostly to save money. I usually kitbash or custom build my own projects.

How much is that Sideshow one?

And what/who is Marmit?

Hi Spidey1588,
I've done this, do you mean something of similar? Let me know what do you think about...

:vader:vader:vader:vader:vader

Attachments

• 0914.jpg
    0914.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 193
Mostly to save money. I usually kitbash or custom build my own projects.

How much is that Sideshow one?

And what/who is Marmit?

Marmit is an extinct company I think. They have good salvageable parts, if you know how to paint. I have no idea where you can get these casts of parts though. I searched myself. Sideshow costs a pretty penny at about 250$ but I'm sure it's around for cheaper.. I think.

It does have light up functions and a cool reveal sculpt. I love mine it's one of the VERY few figures I barely modded.

A board member named "TooMuchGarlic" - who seems to have a huge knowledge of Vader's intricacies - has made a 3D scan of the actual Vader costume and shrunk it down to 1/6. I believe he will be offering casts soon. There is a thread in the customs section.

Maybe get the capes and other stuff from Medi and SSC and use his casts for the rest - not sure how much he'll charge though.

A board member named "TooMuchGarlic" - who seems to have a huge knowledge of Vader's intricacies - has made a 3D scan of the actual Vader costume and shrunk it down to 1/6. I believe he will be offering casts soon. There is a thread in the customs section.

Maybe get the capes and other stuff from Medi and SSC and use his casts for the rest - not sure how much he'll charge though.

That's interesting, I might be interested in that. Thanks.

I have found if you are patient you can get the Medicom darth vaders pretty cheep on ebay also the Sidshow one for a lot less then it retails for. I have 4 medicom vaders and some of the body suits material deteriorates, I also have both sideshow ones and I have to say the newest Sidshow one from ROTJ is by far the best in my opinion. I plan to use parts from some Medicom ones to make battle damaged Vaders. I look forward to seeing what you do with the parts you pick up!

TooMuchGarlic's casts look amazing. I can't find his thread on here. However, I often check into his thread on replica prop forum. The link to the thread is:

1:6 Vader Project & Digital Scan project - Page 6

Back