Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor's Thread

Working now:

picture.php

Awesome. :cool:

(My wife saw it and made this noise: "pew pew pew pew"! :lol)

Last edited:

^^^Thanks a lot. You are actually a big inspiration for me. I'm no photographer, but when I do take pictures of my stuff I often think of you. :)

Hey! I came here to admire your handiwork! :) Complements always make me thirsty. If we where in a bar, I'd order us a round of drinks... . Thanks Maglor. :duff

Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

Just changed thread title from "Maglor's Thread" to "Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography".

That's a better description of content.

This hobby consists of 3 elements for me:

1) Buying figures (obviously) And I'm including customizing/bashing here because I'm only just getting started on it.

2) Displaying said figures (a large part of this is futzing/posing)

3) Photographing my figures.

Number 1 is honestly the least fun part. I just love displaying and photographing my stuff. As I said in my first post, this is an all purpose thread. I'm gonna show my shelves, but I also like to showcase my individual figures to the best of my ability. :)

And as customizing becomes more of a feature that will all be here to. ;)

Also, a little bit of rhyming and alliteration never hurts! :lecture :lol

hey buddy! love you're collection man! :clap :rock

the whole set up is awesome! the posters (mini and regular size) are great as well as all the little shelves.

Saw you had Legolas in there...if you want him resculpted give me a holler! lol :monkey3

also, saw Faramir who I still have yet to buy :panic::gah: the last SS LOTR figure I need!

Thanks Gipetto! :)

The only LOTR figure I don't have is Gandalf. And the only sculpt that bugs me is... you guessed it: Legolas. I'll have to think about your offer. ;)

THE THREE HUNTERS!

:legolas :aragorn :gimli

P1100249.jpg

And here's what I see if I look to my left right now! :)

P1100245.jpg

More pics of Strider coming...​

NICE! Maglor I see you are in love with Aragorn. I'm happy he's found a wonderful home.

Wanna know something funny? I've had him for over a week and my wife hasn't spotted him yet, even though he is plainly on display! :lol

Gonna see how long it takes...

AWESOME collections/set-up! :clap The posters/poster frames you've mounted adds a nice touch to each display. :cool: BTW, I've also displayed new figures out in the open--my Detolf's already cluttered that my wife doesn't even notice. ;)

Thanks man. Funny thing is I only have the one detolf and it only has 10 figures in it. I honestly think Aragorn fits in so well that she thinks he was always there. :)

TAKARA BATMAN

P1100372.jpg

P1100373.jpg

P1100370.jpg

P1100363.jpg

I just modified the torso tonight. I stuffed the shirt with cotton balls. Really made a huge difference.​

superb pics and awesome collection. thanks for sharing!

The above figure was repainted by gdb. I think it totally makes the figure.

Here's a picture of Sideshow's paintjob:

viggoaragorn.jpg

Thanks again to keysta75 for parting with this guy.

Last edited:
Back