Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

MonkeyRobotMaster's Head-Sculpt on the V1 Joker Body

P1120128.jpg

P1120123.jpg

P1120129.jpg

P1120130.jpg

P1120127.jpg

P1120131.jpg

P1120134.jpg

Awesome pics Mag, they actually have me reconsidering sending mine back for the smaller sculpt. The scale looks fine to me :horror

I think it's more to do with scale to the other Batman figures that HT did. I still maintain that it is a more accurate in scale then the HT heads, but for those who prefer something closer to the HT scale is why I've sized the first head down to fit better.

Heading out to work now, but I will post pics highlighting my thoughts on the scale later tonight.

If you want to trade out for the smaller head so you don't have to try and sell yours that would be preferable. Just PM me and let me know.

Awesome pics Mag, they actually have me reconsidering sending mine back for the smaller sculpt. The scale looks fine to me :horror

Thanks Marf. He does look good the way I have him set up right now. The key is using the V1 outfit. Baggy pants, longer vest and bigger lapels all make the head look smaller.

Also, I slicked the hair down with water (using a paint brush) to keep it as close to his scalp as possible. This makes the head look smaller as well.

I think it's more to do with scale to the other Batman figures that HT did. I still maintain that it is a more accurate in scale then the HT heads, but for those who prefer something closer to the HT scale is why I've sized the first head down to fit better.

I can see how you would say that it is more accurate than HT, but I still maintain that it is larger than real human anatomy. But, as always, I have to add that it's a WAAAAY better likeness!

Heading out to work now, but I will post pics highlighting my thoughts on the scale later tonight.

I've decided against doing this for now. If someone wants comparison shots, PM me.

creepy headsculpt

congrates mag

Great looking Joker, The Murderous Glare and Stance, Excellent

Those photos look really nice BTW, I really like a lot of the lighting and that Catwoman is pretty kick ass.

Thanks guys. :)

Regarding the pose: I was going for when he first gets out of the semi cabin (after it flips over) and he is kind of stumbling. It ended up looking more like an evil crouch... which is okay I guess!

Very smart Mags, very smart, I see what you did there. :lecture

All looks great btw.

BTW who made the Catwoman?

It's a bootleg. Not sure of a name.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75551

Also, Warriors Gate is in the process of casting new Catwoman head-sculpts (and hands) that look really nice: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85814

Very smart Mags, very smart, I see what you did there. :lecture

All looks great btw.

Thanks!

What did I do there? :huh

If you mean the pose, than thanks again. :D

Groovy Joker pix. I dig em :cool:

P1120171.jpg

Classy ^^^^

Thank you King. :rock

Great pose for the Joker!!

Thanks. I like it to. When I can't stop staring at a figure, I know I did something right... that and the sculpt/paint/hair is just stunning.

This thread has too many pics too.

What, are you serious?

Every year I have a movie themed party. This is the 9th annual party and I am having INCEPTION as the feature!

After the feature we all have dinner and I put on another movie for light viewing. This year the second movie will be Alice In Wonderland.

Here is the display in my dining/living room:

P1120192.jpg

P1120193.jpg

And a closer look at my finished Inception bashes:

P1120197.jpg

Nope, this year will be Predator 1, I'm coming over and bashing this tea cup party :devil j/k

Looks good Mags :lecture

Back