MageeFX Reseller on eBay Pricing Hike Alert!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceballs

Freakzoid
Reaction score
There is a reseller on eBay named mageefx. Their prior ebay user id was creepshowenterprises. This is not the artist Patrick Magee directly from Mageefx. This 3rd party reseller thinks he can use the MageeFX name anyway he wants to. With that being said there is a new price structure hike. Infact, you can't even find a price on the entire mageefx website: https://www.mageefx.com/images/collectables/images/alien/alien.html for lower like you use to because this same reseller makes all online business decisions for Patrick Magee!!! I wanted to give the forum some insight on the ebay 3rd party reseller has I do not approve of him or his business practices. Clearly this reseller is after larger then life profits for latex and foam filled movie props from many other artist also. I had a bad experience with the Magee's quality of work. Let me just say latex and foam is not worth that kind of money ever. I was hoping for a lot more and better quality for that kind of money. At least silicon, resin and fiber class with foam or vinyl. The type of latex used by Mageefx is really cheap and low grade. Their sales trend on ebay is really sinking down the hole with .0 sales and all declined best offer sales from most if not all ebay buyers based on my analytic review. Some times change is not for the better.

Last edited:
If the individual makes all business decisions for the artist, then wouldn't it stand to reason they have the permission to use the name as well?

I don't care who mageefx wants to use for all his online business ventures. It's just this reseller is out for a huge payout and has failed thus far to sell anything based on the new price structure. The point is the pricing is over inflated.

Let it be known for noob collectors. If you want to score a deal then you might want to email Mageefx directly vs being suckered out of $1000's more from this ebay reseller. If you're okay with getting owned then it's a free open market to blow you're load has you see fit. Knowledge is power...knowing is half the battle now.
I'm not trolling I'm just knowing....LOL!

Last edited:
I say stay away from latex period, i personally picked up a lifesize latex predator from patrick about 3 years ago and it started to deteriorate in about 8 months, i sold it and have moved on to resin props only, i see latex predator heads listed for 3k, thats just ridiculous

I say stay away from latex period, i personally picked up a lifesize latex predator from patrick about 3 years ago and it started to deteriorate in about 8 months, i sold it and have moved on to resin props only, i see latex predator heads listed for 3k, thats just ridiculous

Exactly and anyone who's been around collecting knows this. Look at their ridiculous pricing. If they were even that smart they would reduce their pricing below that by at least half. I bet their productivity would sky rocket. This is all about greed and to many hands in the cookie jar! I'm stuck with my Alien 8th Passenger and look forward to selling it very soon. When you sold your's did you ship it or was it local pick-up?

good to know. Thanks guys! I looked at their stuff but it definately looked over priced for latex to me but I don't usually buy latex.

Patrick Magee is a very talented fx artist with many low cost fx materials. I now think of him and his ebay reseller member id: mageefx has snake oil salesmen. Only the magician is Patrick Magee and the snake oil salesman is the ebay reseller id: mageefx

Here's the switch on the ebay user ID below.

Capture.png

Review link: > https://www.ebay.com/sch/mageefx/m.html?item=251266347004&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a80a42ffc&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

.0 SALES! .0 EBAY BEST OFFERS! THERE YOU GO! NO BUYERS! :D

Last edited:
TAKE A LQQK AT THIS. ALL OFFERS DECLINED JUST BECAUSE THIS EBAY RESELLER WANTS TO MAKE BANK ON MAGEEFX'S WORKS OF ART. $2,000 or $3,500 more compared to what the price use to be. The purpose of this thread is to highlight the ebay reseller because it's not Patrick Magee. To whom it may concern I don't know but at least the knowledge base of knowing is accounted for prior to making a purchase.

CAPTURE_ALIEN.png

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the heads up guys! I was thinking of getting the 8th passenger alien (just the head) awhile back. I was going to order directly from the MageeFX website. He gave me a quote for just the head. But, I wasn't too sure about the materials used on the head. So I held off from ordering. After reading this thread, I guess I'm glad I did. Seems that their materials isn't all that great for the long run.

Oh and I have seen that ebay seller before and I have to agree. The prices are ridiculous. Way overpriced, even when compared to the actual quote I received from the official website.

Buyers beware!

TAKE A LQQK AT THIS. ALL OFFERS DECLINED JUST BECAUSE THIS EBAY RESELLER WANTS TO MAKE BANK ON MAGEEFX'S WORKS OF ART. $2,000 or $3,500 more compared to what the price use to be. The purpose of this thread is to highlight the ebay reseller because it's not Patrick Magee. To whom it may concern I don't know but at least the knowledge base of knowing is accounted for prior to making a purchase.

CAPTURE_ALIEN.png

Where is the link?

Wow, thanks for the heads up guys! I was thinking of getting the 8th passenger alien (just the head) awhile back. I was going to order directly from the MageeFX website. He gave me a quote for just the head. But, I wasn't too sure about the materials used on the head. So I held off from ordering. After reading this thread, I guess I'm glad I did. Seems that their materials isn't all that great for the long run.

Oh and I have seen that ebay seller before and I have to agree. The prices are ridiculous. Way overpriced, even when compared to the actual quote I received from the official website.

Buyers beware!

Hello playa7,

Here's what the Alien/8th Passenger head and dome part is made up of.

• Resin and rigid foam head
• Transparent dental acrylic lips
• Vacu-form dome

I use to own the life size Alien head and it was perfect. Only now if you want it you will pay out double just because Patrick Magee allows for this joker to try and make bank of his work. If I was Patrick Magee I wouldn't allow for it one second. The dude is nothing more then a parasitic leech. This is in no way attacking Mr. Patrick Magee of MageeFX. I'm glad everyone has a clear understanding. Infact, you're welcome to share this thread on other websites to let the truth be known.

Last edited:
Back