MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about HLJ does the cost of shipping usually offset the cheaper price?

I hardly use hlj, I forget why....it just seemed purchasing was more streamlined on ami ami. Hlj is pretty reasonable on shipping though, they're a good company for sure. Sometimes if there's nothing else coming out the same month I order from bbts. Even if the figure is $10 cheaper on ami ami it isn't worth it for me to spend $20 on ems shipping unless I'm getting a big haul.

I hardly use hlj, I forget why....it just seemed purchasing was more streamlined on ami ami. Hlj is pretty reasonable on shipping though, they're a good company for sure. Sometimes if there's nothing else coming out the same month I order from bbts. Even if the figure is $10 cheaper on ami ami it isn't worth it for me to spend $20 on ems shipping unless I'm getting a big haul.

I dont see the advantage of Ami Ami though?(versus HLJ). With HLJ you can cancel your preorders easily and they actually give you quotes for shipping before you place your order (for instock items).

Well fatmarco, I'm not really sure what made me stick with ami ami over hlj....I think I just like the interface of ami ami better.

Got this shot yesterday. No sort of editing what so ever. I think the Bank Robber Joker figure is very photogenic.
392233e3510f4d526a6bb87ebb87678f.jpg

3.0 Bats

QXyasPL.jpg

D1MCvqH.jpg

SH and Mafex are in a war [emoji38]
Holy crap a 3.0 now? Is this just Medicom completely milking the property or actually trying to fix previous mistakes?

Very interesting. Looks wise I think this may be even better than the Figuarts. I have sworn off MAFEX now but they keep tempting me to go back in. The new Knightmare Batman looks good but I tell myself I don't need it anymore lol.

Holy crap a 3.0 now? Is this just Medicom completely milking the property or actually trying to fix previous mistakes?

The 2.0 was more like a 1.5, just 3 new heads. The body really needed a redo.

I expected this after the recent announcements. It looks great.

Very interesting. Looks wise I think this may be even better than the Figuarts. I have sworn off MAFEX now but they keep tempting me to go back in. The new Knightmare Batman looks good but I tell myself I don't need it anymore lol.

No doubt MAFEX is probably feeling some heat from Tamashii snagging up the Batman licenses as well. Tamashii's stuff is superb and has been pushing the limits while Medicom has been lacking. That might change now that they have pieces directly competing at the same scale in the SAME market.

We now have MAFEX Homecoming Spidey vs Figuarts HC Spidey, MAFEX TDK Bats vs. Figuarts TDK Bats... is Justice League next?

MAFEX sculpts are getting better and have more realistic detail. They've been working towards better paint and flesh tone, too.

You think so? The look very similar. I thought the SH looked like a mini HT. Still, I'd wait to see what the final product looks like, because Mafex is hit and miss when it comes to final products.

I know, whenever someone gets a new Mafex I immediately ask about their QC :lol

Yeah I think the new Mafex looks more accurate, the SHF bugs me with the big chichis.

That SHF Batfleck though, woah. I don't love the JL design but that figure looks nice.

That SHF Batfleck though, woah. I don't love the JL design but that figure looks nice.

Yup, very tempting if they also make a Superman.

Figuarts body looks better than the MAFEX 2.0, but the 2.0 has a better head sculpt.

3.0 looks the best

Whoa, the proportions on the SH look very ...odd, in that pic. :horror

Back