Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue with shipping costs right now is EMS (and I assume SAL too) has been shut down due to the coronavirus issues. EMS (and SAL) relies on cargo space available on passenger airlines. With those flights almost non existent for the last few months, EMS packages stacked up to the point that Japan Post stopped accepting them. So right now you have to either ship items on a boat (takes FOR E VER, to quote The Sandlot) or use a dedicated cargo airline like FedEx or DHL (insanely expensive). Most of the popular online shops in Japan have updated their available shipping methods to reflect this current reality and thus you’re not likely to save much if anything by ordering direct from Japan. Once EMS (and especially SAL for smaller shipments) becomes available again, you should see a worthwhile savings ordering direct from Japan over a US retailer (even for just a single figure). Assuming the EMS (and SAL) pricing is similar to what it was before the pandemic, that is.

In case you don’t know what EMS or SAL are... EMS is JapanPost airmail. SAL is a cheaper option for smaller packages where the shipment is treated as surface mail in Japan and its destination country, but shipped as airmail when traveling between Japan and the destination country. Plain SAL is not recommended as there is no tracking and it takes forever (often 4 weeks or more). But there is a trackable form of SAL that’s still extremely cheap. It still usually takes around a month shipping time but it has a rudimentary form of tracking (it’s not real time but rather updates well after each checkpoint) that at least allows you to tell if the package got lost or not.

I just found Knightmare Batman today for a stupidly good price.

iJlqM5V.jpg

5ymgqGF.jpg

1osW2x9.jpg

He’s pretty great. A little wobbly, and the paint apps on the regular masked head sucks, but he’s a great full package with all the accessories.

I remember being obsessed with the Hush line from DC Direct back in the day. Might get these just for nostalgia.

I just found a box in storage with all my old Hush figures. I remember the madness trying to get the exclusive Jason Todd.

Where are you guys ordering these from? I looked at Amiami but after shipping it doesn't seem like that great of a price difference when compared to some of the US sites.

I have a couple through Amazon and a couple through Sideshow.

MUTHERRRR ****CCKKKKKKERRRRZZZZZZZ

24 hours after I posted that, they pushed DKR Batman to August 31st.

FAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

At this point I'm so pissed it takes all the fun out of it. When it finally arrives in November 2021 I won't even give a ****. Screw these dicks.

Patience.

This is the Batman figure I'm looking forward to the most. It'll get here.

Yep I am frustrated with the delays on the Hush Superman, but considering that I think it is the best Superman figure in this scale ever made (Mass production of course), I can wait. I already have the money set aside waiting.

Common, covid messed everything and everyone up. This delay should be expected..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"What'd I do??"

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Oh wwaaaow, nice! Mafex is really killing it. They're basically making all the 1/6th I've ever wanted [emoji43]. DC already made a great BtaS figure, this will be even better I'm sure.

Now let's see anyone of these get released [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 11.46.27 AM.jpg

And I think with this I'm probably selling my few DC collectibles figures and mondo stuff.

That figure looks good, but I have no interest in a The New Batman Adventures figure. Show me a Batman: The Animated Series fig, though, and I will start looking sideways at my DC Collectibles version!

Funnily enough my DC Collectibles version of this took a tumble and snapped the foot right off. Might be my excuse to get this one.

I really hope they'll do the original BTAS version. The "NBA" designs never sat well with me.

I prefer the New Adventures designs. Maybe Mafex can make a Robin to go with him that actually looks good and is posable. My hopes for getting a good Terry Batman figure have just jumped back up.

Back