Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61Lokbbvw5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61kQE7q04gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71d8lJSeZAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61zmJakN2uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, they are scheduled to all be released by the end of the year, but MAFEX are notoriously delayed, so don't count on it.

First up is the blue Hush Batman, supposedly around May I think. After that it's the black Dark Knight Batman. Then the Blue Dark Knight Batman, Catwoman, and Joker by December, but surely he'll get pushed to 2021.

The black Hush Batman hasn't been solicited yet.

Many thanks for the info!

MAFEX had a bad reputation in the early days for figures being flimsy and falling apart, but for the last few years their releases have been consistently good to great.

The two I bought most recently, RoboCop and Alex from Clockwork Orange, were both excellent with no QC issues and had paint pretty much as good as the prototypes, so I am pretty optimistic about the new DC Comics stuff.

Thanks for the pics!

How do mafex production pieces hold up against protos?

I opened my Mafex John Wick Chapter 2 and Comic Wolverine last night, and they are both great figures that, to me, look very similar to the prototype pictures.

I am a big fan of all my other Mafex's as well (Comic Spider-man, Comic Venom, Ledger Joker), and I have several more pre-ordered (TDKR Batmen, blue Hush Batman, Hush Superman, Spiderverse figures, Michael Jordan, and Comic Carnage).

Black variant Hush Batman is officially up for order.

Looks to be exactly the same with no tweaks, so it's just a straight repaint. Less "value" than the DKR repaint in my opinion, but hey....if the world doesn't end and the global economy doesn't collapse by the time this figure is supposed to be out.....why not have one blue and one black?

61C19XyxL3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(DUH.....didn't even notice that the big difference is that this one includes the gargoyle base and the other one doesn't!)

I already have 2 Mafex Batman Hush figures on pre-order. One to display with the Bruce Wayne head and one to display with a Batman head.
I even picked up the Mafex Affleck Bruce Wayne to pop on the extra Hush Bruce Wayne head.
It looks like they are doing the Gargoyle base instead of the Bruce head for the Black and Grey variant.

Will I pick up yet another one? Heck yeh :lol

The black and grey looks great. I have Superman on order as well. I just need to get around to ordering Selina.

I like the black variant..but at this point, who knows how long any of these imports will release as scheduled :lecture

Yeah keep waiting unfortunately, Cyclops, Shazam, and Thor were all supposed to be released by now, but are set for May. For Cyclops I think that's a 4 month delay. We probably aren't seeing Mafex comic Batmans until September knowing them.

We are days away from Black costume Dark Knight Returns' release date.

If it's been delayed, would they wait this close to release to announce a delay? I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it SEEMS like it's on track for delivery on time....

But.....Mafex gonna Mafex, you know?

If it's been delayed, would they wait this close to release to announce a delay? I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it SEEMS like it's on track for delivery on time....

It was already announced to be delayed until July a while ago.

Shazam shipped about 8 hours ago from Amazon. Hoping to get it today or tomorrow

I wound up cancelling my preorder for him but was going to pick him up later. Really looking forward to seeing how it turned out, I thought the proto sculpts were great.

Blue Hush Batman was......but was Black Dark Knight Returns? I never saw that announcement.

Mafex doesn't really go out of order. If one item is delayed 2 months, delay everything else behind them. Thor was set for a February release and still hasn't happened. A lot of figures were set for release in the next few months, Batman and Spiderverse figures, so we'll see if they hurry production or if we'll be waiting until Christmas for a lot of these.

Yeah, it is still scheduled for the end of the month. Seems weird for them to announce a delay a week away from the release date but you never know.

Back