Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is.. honestly disappointing, with all the delays I thought the paint job would match the proto.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Nice pictures! How would you rate your experience with Hush Superman? Tight joints, good scaling, etc.. It looks to be a good Supes figure, of which I'm surprised there isn't a plethora of (higher end) Super Man figures out there.

I have the Mafex's Armored TDKR Batman pre-ordered at HLJ and I got this email from them late last night-

"Medicom Toy has informed us of changes to the following pe-release products:

(MEDMAFEX-142)MAFEX The Joker (Batman: Hush Ver.):
This product was originally pictured including a gun and flag weapon. This will not be included. The knife accessory is still included.

(MEDMAFEX-146)MAFEX Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns):
This product was originally pictured including a gun. This will not be included. The remaining accessories are still included.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at HLJ Customer Support. Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day."

Very interesting! I wonder if DC is cracking down on their figures being released with guns? Or is this a Mafex thing?

I have the Mafex's Armored TDKR Batman pre-ordered at HLJ and I got this email from them late last night-

"Medicom Toy has informed us of changes to the following pe-release products:

(MEDMAFEX-142)MAFEX The Joker (Batman: Hush Ver.):
This product was originally pictured including a gun and flag weapon. This will not be included. The knife accessory is still included.

(MEDMAFEX-146)MAFEX Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns):
This product was originally pictured including a gun. This will not be included. The remaining accessories are still included.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at HLJ Customer Support. Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day."

Very interesting! I wonder if DC is cracking down on their figures being released with guns? Or is this a Mafex thing?

e8f64b5f-1aa9-48d6-8801-21e8f1ff1efa.jpg

It's DC, which makes NO sense. The above is a mass market figure that is LOADED with guns. Meanwhile these expensive adult collector figures are hamstrung. Mezco said very literally that DC asked them not to show their Constantine figure with cigarettes or a gun but he is coming with them. It's DC doing dumb DC things. The Joker's gun is a FLAG gun!!! A literal GAG! It's annoying more for Joker since he comes with just a knife now and that's it.

anyone order direct from the mafex store https://mct.tokyo/ i ordered a hush superman on the 10th feb paid ?38 dhl postage it showed as being in stock and to be delivered on the 14 th feb ,as far as i can see its not been shipped and needless to say its not arrived ,ive emailed them several times requesting assistance but no reply

just wondered if anyone knew if this is normal for them or is it something im missing

cheers for any light shed on my plight

Was able to convert my waitlisted Superman hush on sideshow!
Epic Superman

View attachment 506385

It's DC, which makes NO sense. The above is a mass market figure that is LOADED with guns. Meanwhile these expensive adult collector figures are hamstrung. Mezco said very literally that DC asked them not to show their Constantine figure with cigarettes or a gun but he is coming with them. It's DC doing dumb DC things. The Joker's gun is a FLAG gun!!! A literal GAG! It's annoying more for Joker since he comes with just a knife now and that's it.

Welcome to 2021 where everything is offensive and scary. :slap

So who's the snowflake that infiltrated DC to have those accessories removed?

Can't wait for this guy to show up in my HLJ Private Warehouse!

EDIT: He did last night!

This guy (The Critical Drinker) does pretty entertaining movie reviews. Here is one on the current state of the comics industry of which all these figures are based. Even makes reference to Wolverine having his cigar edited. 7 minutes...

https://youtu.be/Uk_j9WA4nuo

The Revoltech Wolverine figure was originally listed as coming with a cigar but Marvel made them remove it kind of similar to this. I hope that they're just putting this out there for the preorder but will actually include it like Mezco is doing. My buddy told me that Prime1 is doing a Batman statue similar to the McFarlane figure I posted before and that they blurred the guns as directed by Warner but they're going to actually include them in the package.

Back