Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's accurate to the movie prop, but I never liked the clear dome. I like it all black; so my NECA Big Chap that was a Kenner tribute is still my ultimate Alien.

This thread remind me of the Bandai attempt from about 5 years ago. Did anyone buy that one? One of the worst toys I ever bought. Not only was it tiny, but the stupid thing fell apart right out of the package.

How it was advertised:

SH%20Alien%20Big%20Chap.jpg

How it arrived:

DSC05675.jpg

It's crazy that the trend seems to be that MAFEX is superior to SHF in a lot of ways these days...

I know it's accurate to the movie prop, but I never liked the clear dome. I like it all black; so my NECA Big Chap that was a Kenner tribute is still my ultimate Alien.

This thread remind me of the Bandai attempt from about 5 years ago. Did anyone buy that one? One of the worst toys I ever bought. Not only was it tiny, but the stupid thing fell apart right out of the package.

How it was advertised:

How it arrived:

DSC05675.jpg

It's crazy that the trend seems to be that MAFEX is superior to SHF in a lot of ways these days...

Yeah, I've got this bad boy. I was lucky as mine had and still has good joints.

The MAFEX , in terms of sculpt, is the most accurate I've seen thus far. Well judging from in the in-hand photos I've seen. It's a huge shame that some of the domes are the wrong size. Hopefully Medicom will sort this out ASAP?

Thanks for the photos once again mandoba. I'm guessing the shorter dome is the one for the open mouth head and the longer for the closed mouth?

And the shorter dome is still too long? Bonkers!

I'm still getting two anyway :rotfl
Yep the shorter dome is indeed for the closed mouth. Despite some of the gripes, the main thing apart from the dome that bugs me (while I'm giving some excuse that this could be the other prop sculpt) is that one of the arms keeps on dropping off. Otherwise it's soooo much better than both the SH Figuarts and the Figma in height, and sculpt; the Big Chap needs to be per it's namesake ie. BIG. Although if I believe that it should be ever so slightly shorter per the actor who was around 7ft 2", which I guestimate around actors for Chewbacca and the Predator height, but if I were to use NECA figure scaling between humans, Predators and Xenomorphs, then this should be pretty accurate.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Yes I still think that my old SH Figuarts / Monsterarts Big time let down Chap was still studier than this Mafex figure. This figure is similar to the recent Figma Xenomorph.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Is it me :wink1: Or are the NECA human figs just a tad bigger than the Marvel Legends scale figs?

A couple of stupid questions;

• Is there elbow swivel since there's no bicep swivel.
  • Can the front portion of the dome be carefully trimmed, sanded or something.

Never mind I will find out when it arrives.

:clap:wave:exactly:

How it was advertised:

How it arrived:

DSC05675.jpg

I never got that one, didn’t seem worth it... I did get the revoltechs though, fun little critters.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Never mind I will find out when it arrives.

:clap:wave:exactly:

Well, looking at mandoba’s pics, it would seem impossible to fix the size difference through sanding.
As for the articulation, from pics I’d say there’s enough at the elbow and shoulder. NECA also got rid of the cut/swivel joint on their “ultimate” Aliens warrior, and made use of the joint at the elbow.

The articulation is fine even very good on the mafex....the open mouth dome is a little off but it’s really not that bad...I glued mine down so it looks okay. Yeah it’s a little long but not the end of the world. It’s a sturdy figure, one of the arms does come off easily but it goes on easy too and I’d rather it come off than break. It absolutely destroys the shf....the shf warriors are nice but also fragile. The figma is my favorite solely for my love of takeyas work (plus it’s a good figure just small)

Well, looking at mandoba’s pics, it would seem impossible to fix the size difference through sanding.
As for the articulation, from pics I’d say there’s enough at the elbow and shoulder. NECA also got rid of the cut/swivel joint on their “ultimate” Aliens warrior, and made use of the joint at the elbow.

Once I receive the fig I will take a look at the joints & be careful with the arms.

:yess:

Sachiel the dome on the open mouth had a slight gap that exposed the skeleton from a side view. I put a bit of glue on the bottom edge of the dome and then squeezed it down until it dried (hope this makes sense)

Good it just hurts to see how he poses that figure...
But yeah, the domes look pretty nice there!

Right on - glad to see that people are receiving ones with properly sized and aligned domes. I just got notice from BBTS that they're expecting to receive and process pre-orders for these guys in ~10 days. The quality of the domes on the one I receive will determine whether or not I purchase a 2nd, so here's hoping those dome errors got caught early on in production and aren't too prevalent.

Back