Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you might be right...
I don't think the shape of the mouth in the top (closed mouth) pic can change to the shape of the mouth in the other two pics...
The neck and jowls also have a different shape.
Pretty cool!

The one thing I'm not too keen on is how the leg sculpt juts out at the hip articulation. NECA's solution looked much better.

None of the e-tailers selling this list alternate heads or alternate face pieces as accessories, but that's definitely a different sculpted piece that we're seeing with the open mouth compared to the closed. I'm guessing the open mouth is achieved with a swap-out lower jaw, but who knows - maybe it is in fact a full alternate head sculpt.

Also, on BBTS, the height is listed at 8" (20.32 cm). Can that be? Isn't that pretty much the exact height of NECA's?

None of the e-tailers selling this list alternate heads or alternate face pieces as accessories, but that's definitely a different sculpted piece that we're seeing with the open mouth compared to the closed. I'm guessing the open mouth is achieved with a swap-out lower jaw, but who knows - maybe it is in fact a full alternate head sculpt.

Also, on BBTS, the height is listed at 8" (20.32 cm). Can that be? Isn't that pretty much the exact height of NECA's?

I think NECA's Big Chap is about 9" tall.

Yeah, just checked that. Standing totally upright the NECA Alien is a little over 9'' at the highest part of his dome.

Yeah it being shorter wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It'd be interesting to see if it ends up being an accurate size next to NECA's human figures. I just placed a preorder for one anyway, along with Mafex's Robocop 2.

I'd love if it was in scale with the Neca figures.

As would I. This Big Chap is just looking too amazing, and I'm gonna have to get it regardless of how it scales. Thanks for providing the actual height of NECA's Big Chap.

Doing a quick conversion of Bolaji Badejo's height, a perfectly 1/10 scaled figure of the actor would be ~8.6 inches (21.84 cm). So while Mafex's Big Chap isn't quite that tall, it may indeed still be close enough to look accurately in scale with our NECA figures.

Giger version (left) and Rambaldi version (right):

aaa.jpg

For those that were wondering about the alternate heads. There are, indeed, two full heads included. Closed mouth and open, and there are two inner-jaw attachments for just open mouth pose or open mouth with inner-jaw extended.

For those that were wondering about the alternate heads. There are, indeed, two full heads included. Closed mouth and open, and there are two inner-jaw attachments for just open mouth pose or open mouth with inner-jaw extended.

That's how NECA should do it.

Source? I didn't read about this detail... (but the images clearly confirm this).

I've heard whispers of QC issues with Mafex (in the Hot Toys John Wick thread of all places) - these little figures are pretty damned expensive to have to deal with QC nonsense. I hope they sort it out.

I've heard whispers of QC issues with Mafex (in the Hot Toys John Wick thread of all places) - these little figures are pretty damned expensive to have to deal with QC nonsense. I hope they sort it out.

Their QC has been much better as of late, they seem to actually to used their price increase to pay for better QC or molding or whatever the problem was. I wouldn't be too worried buying one of them now.

Back