MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There it is, you can see how off Mafex is, incredibly off, they got the overall shape right but everything else is off, imo SHF's is much closer.

20257927_10155285277742631_5638237241399879439_n.jpg

Yeah, no.

c084a3e90e826e3eba2b8cdeeecb8543.jpg

Not contesting that the SHF looks, and probably will be in every other sense, the better figure, but Mafex definitely got closer to screen-accurate. SHF took liberties with the cowl, it looks better than the movie design.

I wonder why both SHF and Mafex got Supes headsculpt wrong, Supes new pics were available early on, with his hair parted the opposite side and a more optimistic face, both still have BVS faces.

Yeah, no.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/84/a3/c084a3e90e826e3eba2b8cdeeecb8543.jpg

Not contesting that the SHF looks, and probably will be in every other sense, the better figure, but Mafex definitely got closer to screen-accurate. SHF took liberties with the cowl, it looks better than the movie design.

What are you saying my ninja? :lol

From that pic neither of them looks close at all, but the Mafex one looks nothing like it whatsoever, but from some angles the SHF looks much closer, while Mafex one never does, from any angle.

Its got a first impression look that makes it seem like it's somewhat accurate, if you look from the corner of the eye, but, if you look right at it, it's not accurate at all. Couldn't find a better angle on the Mafex one, but just look at that bobble head.

T7eF8d8.png

Everything about the Mafex is wrong, from the body proportions, to the head proportions, the face, and the color, neither of them are dead on but the SHF clearly gets it much closer.

20264756_1835966156419700_8557712414862470091_n.jpg

I know this pic is cheating, but you can see Batman's color is much closer, and the inaccuracies are more punctual, while Mafex's is all over the place and it's a do-over.

CkSWybn.jpg

Btw, this is like, the first time we disagree isn't it? ;_;

They didn't help the BvS Superman out with that pose. I'm glad they are doing the mother boxes though.

DF8mnwQVoAA3QHb.jpg:large

DF9F5aUU0AAvAYd.jpg:large

E064.jpg

The shot in the new trailer would suggest that Flash is too tall. Aquaman ≈ Cyborg > Flash > Diana. Diana at Aquaman nose area, Flash at Cyborg's eye area, and Flash being a little taller than Diana. From what I can tell. It also looks like Diana is a tad short, but not too off.

Yeah.

Other than the height, I'm having a hard time deciding between Mafex or SHF with Flash.

I don't want to end up buying both versions to decide...

Yeah.

Other than the height, I'm having a hard time deciding between Mafex or SHF with Flash.

I don't want to end up buying both versions to decide...

Have you made a decision on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman yet?

Batman SHF, easy.

Wonder Woman, provided they fix the face; SHF, if not, then maybe Mezco, if it's bad too, then Mafex.

And Superman IDK yet either, I have to see more pics.

There other 2 depend on what line I get.

Over all it seems like you'd need the SHF Flash scale wise. Personally I think the SHF face is a little better, but Mafex is still great. Hell even the Multiverse one isn't bad.

Yeah I lean towards SHF because their faces are most times more accurate.

We'll see, I hoped to see them at Wonfes but nothing, I forgot Tamashii doesn't go to WF.

I know everyone's talking about the justice league figures 'cause they're new... but this is technically the BvS thread, and I just got these guys recently. Loving them so far! Sorry for the jumbled shelves, I'm in the process of completely redoing my display so these are just shoved in where I could fit them right now.

flK0fUU.jpg

pmn1DLY.jpg

kejQ0op.jpg

gUqt56R.jpg

hWJ22OM.jpg

This was an old review I had wrote about the Mafex Armored Batman and forgot about writing. It crushes my self-imposed 600 word limit and it's an older figure so I look back on it, in retrospect. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy playing with it.

Get your mind out of the gutter. You know... with Bruce's dead parents.

Too soon?

Hey guys. Just wanted to post a custom i had done for me in the MAFEX scale. Instagram user who goes by the name of customswatcher made this and i cant recommend his work enough. This looks even better in person

IMG_3942.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg

Back