MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...so MAFEX is coming with 3.0 version of The Dark Knight Batman. Awesome, cause 2.0 is really expensive now and I have all the upcoming TDK trilogy figures pre-ordered :D

mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_1.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_3.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_4.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_2.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_5.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_6.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_8.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_71.jpg
mafex_batman_ver3_tdk_9.jpg

The worst thing about all these remakes is it's gonna be impossible to sell off the old versions. Custom fodder maybe? Unless anyone here is interested in a 2.0 batman and a repainted ledger joker 😉

Nice pics! Hope your spear didn't snap like mine did.

It absolutely did. I may have put that in the review. I blame myself. I didn't know the spear pulled apart for easier placement. In a typical numb nuts move by me, I applied pressure in the wrong spot and it snapped. Then I had to run upstairs sobbing like a 7 year old and convince my gf to hold it steady while I glued it.

I'll most likely die alone.

That mafex 3.0 looks like the best tdk batman at this scale so far, much better than the finished sh figuarts offering for me.

It absolutely did. I may have put that in the review. I blame myself. I didn't know the spear pulled apart for easier placement. In a typical numb nuts move by me, I applied pressure in the wrong spot and it snapped. Then I had to run upstairs sobbing like a 7 year old and convince my gf to hold it steady while I glued it.

I'll most likely die alone.

I know what that feels like. I only saw where the pieces could pull apart after i snapped it. Bloody hell. Makes me think they should add instruction sheets sometimes like Bandai does for their SHF stuff.

Speaking of, looks like Bandai has fired the first shot with regards to JL figures:
Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-Justice-League-Batman-Teaser-03.jpg

I know what that feels like. I only saw where the pieces could pull apart after i snapped it. Bloody hell. Makes me think they should add instruction sheets sometimes like Bandai does for their SHF stuff.

Speaking of, looks like Bandai has fired the first shot with regards to JL figures:
Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-Justice-League-Batman-Teaser-03.jpg

I saw, if they do all six, I'm probably gonna be all in!

So Mafex is putting out a third Wonder Woman and a second Superman with little differences it looks like, wonder if they fixed the defects on Superman.

Looks like the new Superman is a little bulkier and has a cape wired on the sides, and a different HS.

I thought for sure the SHF Supes would BTFO Mafex, but I'm no so sure, they look very similar to each other, I'm gonna have to wait and see.

Which way is everyone leaning to for their JL figures?

I am trying to NOT do that stupid thing I do everytime where I buy BOTH SH and Mafex versions because I can't decide.

Does anyone know if the Mafex Deadshot's height was a fluke or are they changing their interpretation of 1:12?

I am trying to NOT do that stupid thing I do everytime where I buy BOTH SH and Mafex versions because I can't decide.

Does anyone know if the Mafex Deadshot's height was a fluke or are they changing their interpretation of 1:12?
... MAFEX no doubt. I don't like the face sculpts, scale or price of Figuarts. And there's a lot more variety, accessories, display options and fun to be had with MAFEX

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

Probably SHF, better scale and much better overal quality, Batman completely blows the Mafex one out of the water, Mafex Batman is kinda laughable.

SHF Flash and WW are also much better.

Superman I'm not sure about, I thought SHF would BTFO Mafex like they did with Batman, but their Supes is pretty similar to Mafex.

Plus Mafex's QC as we well know, is dubious at best.

So if Mezco doesn't do better than the best option right now (SHF), I'm going to go with that.

Probably SHF, better scale and much better overal quality, Batman completely blows the Mafex one out of the water

Except in terms of film accuracy. The SHF looks like a great, solidly-made, fun figure but it doesn't look particularly close to the source material. It's like a hybrid of the BvS and JL suits.

Probably going to be between Mafex and Mezco for best film-accurate JL Batman. Doesn't bother me too much though as I actually really dislike what I've seen of the JL costume so far, I'd say the SHF is an improvement.

Really? I think the SHF looks much closer to the source than Mafex.

That Mafex Batman has the wrong proportions, like being too skinny and that mushy undefined plastic blob of a face.

Really? I think the SHF looks much closer to the source than Mafex.

That Mafex Batman has the wrong proportions, like being too skinny and that mushy undefined plastic blob of a face.

Uasedr6.png

rVxw20g.png

Medicom got the ugly cat-like cowl dead-on, and the colour and texture of the suit as far as I can tell. SHF looks like the better figure, but to me a lot of that is down to it not being screen-accurate. Their cowl looks more like the BvS version and the lighter, less textured grey on the suit looks more appealing too.

I'm at work right now, but I have a pic comparison that someone posted on fb, I'll post it later.

As for the color, sometimes it looks lighter and sometimes darker but SHF looks different depending on lighting, so that's better, also, you can see the wrong proportions in the Mafex, way too skinny.

As for the head, the upper part of the head is fine, that is the ears :lol that's pretty much it, the rest of the cowl is completely wrong, eyes too close and way too foggy, and the chin doesn't even look like Batfleck's.

There it is, you can see how off Mafex is, incredibly off, they got the overall shape right but everything else is off, imo SHF's is much closer.

20257927_10155285277742631_5638237241399879439_n.jpg

On a related note, both WW look like crap, either you take one that looks like anime template and nothing alike Gal Gadot, or you take the other one that looks slightly realistic but looks more like Posh Spice than Gal Gadot. Mezco may take that one.

CDlGLuh.jpg

Where are pics of the new Superman?
Sorry doing this from my phone and may have missed something.

Also anyone got side by side comparisons of the Mafex and Mezco BvS Superman?

Back