MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... is that something like BBTS's Pile of Loot?

It basically means when a product arrives you can leave it with them until you want to ship it. Means you can wait for more preorders to come in and ship it in one package to save on shipping. Never used BBTS before, but it sounds like it could be?

It basically means when a product arrives you can leave it with them until you want to ship it. Means you can wait for more preorders to come in and ship it in one package to save on shipping. Never used BBTS before, but it sounds like it could be?
...nice. I get my MAFEX stuff from AmiAmi because it's cheaper and they get things faster than BBTS, but once they get it they ship it immediately so I can't save on shipping. I'll look into HLJ, but right now I have every DC figure from MAFEX already pre-ordered on AmiAmi [emoji13]

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

...that looks really good! But... the face looks too dark compared to the rest of her body :O

Thanks! haha yea I didn't get around to doing a full skin tone repaint. I'm thinking I may airbrush it

...nice. I get my MAFEX stuff from AmiAmi because it's cheaper and they get things faster than BBTS, but once they get it they ship it immediately so I can't save on shipping. I'll look into HLJ, but right now I have every DC figure from MAFEX already pre-ordered on AmiAmi [emoji13]

Yea, and you cant cancel easily on Ami. On HLJ you can cancel with a click of a button at any time.

I see a LOT of Chinese sellers on eBay with these figures for about half of retail price. Are these bootlegs? I know there's a lot of bootleg 6 inch Star Wars figures (all the major brands it seems). But I've only just started looking into the DC mafex line.

I see a LOT of Chinese sellers on eBay with these figures for about half of retail price. Are these bootlegs? I know there's a lot of bootleg 6 inch Star Wars figures (all the major brands it seems). But I've only just started looking into the DC mafex line.
Bootlegs most definitely. We know many of these have gotten KO versions too.

Thanks, I figured.

Now for a different question, I see they did the same annoying shoulder armor attachment style on armored Batman as they did on the stormtrooper (where it hangs from a flap above the shoulder and doesn't move well with the shoulder joint). Has anyone tried cutting the shoulder armor off the flap and attaching it to the deltoid so it articulates with the shoulder and doesn't flap up like a wing?

EDIT: oh, I should've asked, are there any ways to tell when buying online whether it's a bootleg or an authentic item? Packaging differences, obvious paint differences, etc?

Thanks, I figured.

Now for a different question, I see they did the same annoying shoulder armor attachment style on armored Batman as they did on the stormtrooper (where it hangs from a flap above the shoulder and doesn't move well with the shoulder joint). Has anyone tried cutting the shoulder armor off the flap and attaching it to the deltoid so it articulates with the shoulder and doesn't flap up like a wing?

EDIT: oh, I should've asked, are there any ways to tell when buying online whether it's a bootleg or an authentic item? Packaging differences, obvious paint differences, etc?

For figures at this scale basically avoid anything being sold from Chinese sellers. Only buy from Japan or American sellers. And then always make sure they have a good feedback history on Ebay.

But in terms of Mafex specifically, you're best option is buying directly from one of the main Japanese stores like HLJ, AmiAmi, MyKombini, CD Japan etc. With figures like Figuarts for example, you can actually can get good prices on Ebay, but with Mafex you get price gouged to hell and back.

That's why the Bootlegs are sorta deceiving on Ebay, because they end up charging what would seem like a standard discount on the usual retail price.

So, regarding the knockoffs, how bad are they? I've heard some people have been quite happy with some of the Star Wars figuarts bootlegs. I generally strongly dislike them myself, but I'm late to the game and some of the earlier figures are already getting hard to come by.

So, regarding the knockoffs, how bad are they? I've heard some people have been quite happy with some of the Star Wars figuarts bootlegs. I generally strongly dislike them myself, but I'm late to the game and some of the earlier figures are already getting hard to come by.
I thought there weren't any figuarts SW bootlegs? Or did you mean the movie realisation stuff?

Some bootlegs are good, some terrible. It's basically a lucky draw for each one produced. For example, the figuarts black panther bootleg is great, but the figma Spiderman is god awful, as is the figuarts cap.

I don't know, I may have remembered the wrong line. Whatever it was, I know I read some people being pleasantly surprised by some 6 inch Star Wars bootlegs.

But yeah, I hate chancing it. Plus I really dislike the idea of supporting bootleggers in the first place. It does suck that it seems like manufacturers often don't produce enough to meet the demand, which drives the secondary market prices sky high WAY too fast these days. Sometimes it makes the half price knockoff look a little more appealing... but nope. Not worth it.

I don't know, I may have remembered the wrong line. Whatever it was, I know I read some people being pleasantly surprised by some 6 inch Star Wars bootlegs.

But yeah, I hate chancing it. Plus I really dislike the idea of supporting bootleggers in the first place. It does suck that it seems like manufacturers often don't produce enough to meet the demand, which drives the secondary market prices sky high WAY too fast these days. Sometimes it makes the half price knockoff look a little more appealing... but nope. Not worth it.
Probably black series, and having to taking chances is pretty crap haha. I usually buy bootlegs if the original is outrageously expensive, such as shf black panther, or for customs. If it helps people I'm probably going to do some bootleg review vids soon on all the major "bootleg releases" as they get put out, I have a place I can get them relatively cheap so it's not a huge loss if they're terrible.

Bootleg reviews can be so helpful. I've got a decent sized Godzilla collection and back in the late 90's/early 2000's it was really easy to get duped by them until clubtokyo and a few other sites started running articles detailing how to spot them.

I actually found a photo review of the bootleg mafex BvS Batman on reddit via google searching. It's obviously an inferior product in multiple ways once you can see it up close. Even just based on pictures. Lousy paint and lots of bad flashing at all the mold seamlines.

My DCEU shelf is getting full.
583cabe9968b745cb40b22cc1852cfc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...yup, no competition. MAFEX looks like Harley, Figuarts looks like Michael Jackson

Are you just trolling or...? I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have no idea how you could possibly think the Mafex looks better.
266ef761496e4e6602b73bfdcb7ca721.jpg
45e8469f07814dde1b6bcbffd8b50b88.jpg

Back