Mad Max 4 Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkZenMaster

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I wasn't getting any love over at the other forum with this post so here iam reposting it here...

Hi everyone :)

I have some inside knowledge concerning the new Mad Max movie being filmed out here right now. They are keeping this stuff a secret so pretty lucky that you guys have me here ;)

my head just grew lol...

Anyways i have to go back out in a min and will be back on later to tell yous some more stuff.

What dose Max's vehicle look like? Well you prolly seen it (well the first incarnation of it anyways) they have juiced it up a bit more. remember this vehicle from MM2?

lonewolf.jpg

nickframe.jpg

pappagallo2.jpg

well the film takes place right after MM2 so the Interceptor is smashed up, I know its a bit sad, but GM did say last year that the Interceptor might be back in, but I have heard nothing of it and nobody has mentioned it. get this...they have built a huge stretch of secret highway about 90 mins north of Broken Hill and are getting geared up for full production...150 vehicles, massive overdose of stunts which they have just started practicing. The plot is focused on a stretch of highway in the wasteland controlled by marauders and Max has to get through it. Ive seen some of the props that are being moved right now from the old central powerplant in Broken Hill out to the secret site, total post apocalyptic gear :D

The black interceptor was a Ford Falcon, not a GM/Holden car.

That is one of the things that made Mad Max and The Road Warrior, the custom cars. Being after The Road Warrior there can still be normal body street cars and not all dune buggy junk from Thunderdome. But keeping in line with the end of TRW, as the camera zooms out Pappagallos car like the pic above is seen to the side of Max, so one would think he goes off into the wasteland in it.

cool dude yeah I know the Interceptor was a Ford falcon xb hardtop. When I said
"GM" in my last post I was referring to George Miller, the director of the Max films ;)

I have to say, I am glad Mel isn't in it. He would be too old and would ruin it. I am actually quite happy with who they have chosen to play Max. Tom Hardy was amazing in Bronson. This guy plays the "mad" character roll really well and I think when they add the costume and makeup etc. he will look rather impressive. The only think that could really ruin it is if they pump it full of CGI... but GM is going to do things old school with real stunts and effects like the good old days.

Personally, I can't wait!

Koupon

Well Thunderdome was weak. Road Warrior wannabe Waterworld sucked. So this prolly will too.

The series lost a lot when Byron Kennedy died. He was the car fan.

I really like Tom Hardy. I have faith in the movie since he and George Miller are attached. But it's going to be next to impossible to beat the badassness of The Road Warrior.

Mel Gibson is Mad Max!

Just like Kurt Russel is Snake Plisken!

There are some characters you just can't mess with.

Even though Mel Gibson is not playing Mad Max, I still hope this new movie will be good.

I think this is the first (unofficial) shot of Tom Hardy as Mad Max:

57771210151603359174189.jpg

I quite like the look of him in his outfit. It's not the same as I remember from the original Mad Max films, but that's okay. It good to try something different, especially as it's a different actor.

It did remind me out the style used in Terminator Salvation.

- Pablo

I think that photo has been around for a very long time actually. And I gotta disagree on the design. That is probably the most generic and uninteresting post-apocalyptic looks there is.

Back