MacReady and Childs Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Weber

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I finally got them finished and it finally snowed.

MacReady is made from that head from Soldier Story I think. I cant remember. But I sculpted a beard for him with apoxy. Jumpsuit was from 21st century, boots and shotgun were just laying around. Hat was from a 21st Century drill sergeant that I cooked on the stove, molded and wrapped with rubber bands and then put in the freezer. I was surprised that it held its shape rather well. The belt was just laying around and the revolver and holster were modified from a WW2 Marine from 21st Century (actually a flamethrower marine ironically). Sweatshirt and leather jacket were found on ebay. I modified the jacket a bit and changed the buttons and weathered it though the pictures probably wont bring it out. Oh and the J&B bottle is a green barbie wine bottle with a painted cap and printed out label.

Childs was made because I was curious if I had enough parts laying around. 21st Century head with apoxy facial hair. I wish I could get that Platoon figure for under $200. Maybe Hot Toys will make one...thought that would still be around $200. Anyways, Jacket was from GiJoe Omar Bradley, boots from 21st, pants from soldiers of the world, 21st century balaclava and modified goggles, flamethrower from 21st.

Im currently considering making a Garry figure. Shouldnt be that hard. Just need Khakis and a head

Very cool customs.I love the movie and watch it here and there,you need a burnt out building for them or some mutant from the movie to add.Nice work bro!!

Yep, great looking customs.

And I agree with Zuckuss...throw in a custom "Thing" creature and you're all set.

not seeing the likenesses in the sculpts at all but they're as good as anything HT has done when they couldn't get a license. the outfits and accessories are outstanding though. is there a 1:6 scale Norwegian dog you can use with them?

woah, that Keith David head is sweet. I shouldve checked ebay. Thanks a lot Ironman

and thanks everyone else for the comments

Awesome job Earl, mine will be done this week!

PICT1015.jpg

I also just picked up one of those Childs heads on ebay. Going to make a Norris Spider Head Thing and a Dog Thing as well.

Back