Machiko with a pinch of Cajun Spice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajunsith

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys...seeing all of Surfer's killer customs I decided to do a repaint of an extra Machiko I have. I am nowhere near Silent Surfer's league, the guy is Brilliant & Talented. I just added a little color to her armor so it wasn't so plain & changed her look a little. I may do a little more painting on the armor, I just didn't want to over-do it in the first attempt. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. :D

DSCI0432.jpg

DSCI0433.jpg

DSCI0426.jpg

DSCI0425.jpg

DSCI0424.jpg

Nice. Right off the bat I'd suggest repainting the sword/sheath because now the coloring on that looks cheap compared to the armor. The pics are too far away to tell: Did you add gold or copper coloring?

Also this is strictly my preference but I seriously dislike this figure without netting. Not sure why, but without the netting she just looks like some generic amazon/barbarian. Again, just my opinion.

Post some close-ups (especially of the bio). Looks good from what I CAN see though. Nice work.

Nice. Right off the bat I'd suggest repainting the sword/sheath because now the coloring on that looks cheap compared to the armor. The pics are too far away to tell: Did you add gold or copper coloring?

Also this is strictly my preference but I seriously dislike this figure without netting. Not sure why, but without the netting she just looks like some generic amazon/barbarian. Again, just my opinion.

Post some close-ups (especially of the bio). Looks good from what I CAN see though. Nice work.

Thanks! The color is metallic gold. I was thinking the same thing with the sword/sheath & her backpack, it needs gold because that copper looks like crap. I'm thinking about adding netting over the top part of her torso where just her stomach shows & on her legs. I need better pics too.:eek:

Thanks for the great compliments, but I have to say you are selling yourself short, my friend. Those paint apps look absolutely amazing. Very nice choice of color and areas to change. I am really impressed with you piece. If you don't mind, I was thinking of doing something similar to my Amazon Machiko, and I surely wouldn't mind doing what you did to her. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say. Truely nice touches. I wish more people on here would do crazy customs on Machiko. She is my all time favorite figure right now, and I love to see new takes on her.

Nice job! Love it. Not sure how it looks in person, but the Gold looks Bronze in the photos, and I love it. And I have actually been thinking of getting a third Machiko to do a without netting version. Very sexy. Keep it that way, but give her some sort of strap so the armor doesn't look like it's just floating there.

My wife saw the pics as I was replying and said she looks too gladiator, but I suddenly liked it even more because of that comment. I have the Samurai and the Amazon versions, and now you have the Gladiator version. The Alien head shield still works in Gladiator mode too. BTW, that bio helmet is friggin' sweet looking like that.

Damn you! Now I want to repaint my Samurai, and un-Pink Power Ranger her.

PS. I always hated that sword and where they intended it to be, but I love it on the side like that. Very nice little mod makes a lot of diff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great compliments, but I have to say you are selling yourself short, my friend. Those paint apps look absolutely amazing. Very nice choice of color and areas to change. I am really impressed with you piece. If you don't mind, I was thinking of doing something similar to my Amazon Machiko, and I surely wouldn't mind doing what you did to her. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say. Truely nice touches. I wish more people on here would do crazy customs on Machiko. She is my all time favorite figure right now, and I love to see new takes on her.

Nice job! Love it. Not sure how it looks in person, but the Gold looks Bronze in the photos, and I love it. And I have actually been thinking of getting a third Machiko to do a without netting version. Very sexy. Keep it that way, but give her some sort of strap so the armor doesn't look like it's just floating there.

My wife saw the pics as I was replying and said she looks too gladiator, but I suddenly liked it even more because of that comment. I have the Samurai and the Amazon versions, and now you have the Gladiator version. The Alien head shield still works in Gladiator mode too. BTW, that bio helmet is friggin' sweet looking like that.

Damn you! Now I want to repaint my Samurai, and un-Pink Power Ranger her.

PS. I always hated that sword and where they intended it to be, but I love it on the side like that. Very nice little mod makes a lot of diff.

By all means SS, go for it! By you saying you want to immitate my Machiko, that's 1 of the best compliments I can get,THANKS!! :D I know the pics are kind of crappy, but in hand the gold really pops & it compliments her armor very well. I need to get a replacement gauntlet for her left arm because it got lost somehow. I'll try to take better pics & post them ASAP. P.S. I'll be sending her your way soon for your detailing skills. :naughty

Are you sending the whole figure, or are you going to strip her? Can't wait to see it in person if you're sending the whole thing, but I'd take as much stuff off of her as easily possible to minimize losses or damages.

hey that looks pretty good...the contrast really pops.
but I have a question, how did you guys get the netting off? I cannot remove the armor from her hips or breast(hehe, I said breast) so I don't see any other way of removing it.

hey that looks pretty good...the contrast really pops.
but I have a question, how did you guys get the netting off? I cannot remove the armor from her hips or breast(hehe, I said breast) so I don't see any other way of removing it.

I am never gonna be done saying this, I guess. Blowdryer!

Blowdryer heats up the vinyl material which makes it soft and stretchy allowing you to pull it over wider areas. Yep, I am in Rowland Heights. Not too far from Cerritos. why?

so then after it cools, it goes back to the original shape?

nothing, just thought of how close you are and how often I go up there to eat, drink, shop, play poker etc...:D

nice man! lookin forward to gettin my machiko some time in the near future

so then after it cools, it goes back to the original shape?

nothing, just thought of how close you are and how often I go up there to eat, drink, shop, play poker etc...:D

It will stay in whatever shape you let it cool in. If it is warped, heating it and leaving it alone will return it to its originally cast posture.

Frank N Sons is close to Rowland Heights. 1 freeway exit away. Been there?

It will stay in whatever shape you let it cool in. If it is warped, heating it and leaving it alone will return it to its originally cast posture.

Frank N Sons is close to Rowland Heights. 1 freeway exit away. Been there?

ya, I used to go a lot, now I buy statues from mista305, I still go once in a while to meet up with friends...I might actually head up this weekend haha.

The guys who are customizing the "Special Touches" on their Machikos, are they air brushing them in or what? I may do my figure like that, but I don't want to mess it up or have the netting or armor rub it off.

I haven't needed to use an airbrush on any of my Machikos yet. I just make sure the paint is thinned so it doesn't clump. I am using Folk Art Latex based paint found at Michaels. They have nice metallic finish colors too.

Last edited:
Back