Mace Windu Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same edition size as snowbunny padme.....do we think it will fetch same prices in time?

I doubt it. Everybody is jumping on this. Padme came early on and only the real collectors picked it up. Prices went up later, when people got into the line and were playing catchup with the older pieces. Getting it out of their hands was tougher, whereas Mace is being snatched up by scalpers left and right. There will be a guaranteed supply on eBay and that will keep the price down.

Back when Padme came out, the line wasn't as popular as it is today. This isn't a catch-up piece, everybody who wants it is getting it on day one.

I doubt it. Everybody is jumping on this. Padme came early on and only the real collectors picked it up. Prices went up later, when people got into the line and were playing catchup with the older pieces. Getting it out of their hands was tougher, whereas Mace is being snatched up by scalpers left and right. There will be a guaranteed supply on eBay and that will keep the price down.

still only 1000 people can be completists though

finally I got one ordered, thanks. I did not complete the Hyperspace Access Code redemption yesterday after I click paid. :lol

Glad you got one!

I don't think this piece will reach Padme prices, but it will definitely hold its value. For example, in order to break even if I decided to sell mine (which I won't be doing), I will have paid $97.58 for it--the break even point on eBay would be a price of about $110-115 after eBay and Paypal fees, which is where you should reasonably expect the starting bids to begin. Add shipping on to that, and people buying these a month from now will be paying a total of $120-130 without the seller even starting to make a profit. If the seller wants to make twenty bucks for their trouble, then buyers will need at least $150 to get this one from eBay.

The supply will not ultimately meet demand, and I would not ever expect to see this thing sell for less than the nearly $100 that was paid for it.

Back