Mac Ready custom build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsattack

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys , I know I am coming in late in the picture with these already built up popular characters but, i am trying to catch up.
My next custom build and paint up is MacReady.
Read up on what you guys used and got a few tips on the snow from Seb here but still haven't received the foam and powder to add more snow effects.
I also have ordered a custom gun rig combining Stevostoys rig and an addition that he is more than happy to do and should be getting that soon enough.
I couldn't afford nor find a hot toys PMC to take the head so i ended up buying this cast from ebay, good enough for a second try at painting these heads .
Also switching ot acrylics shortly but these are still enamel brushed, hopefully i have made an ok job.
i have some ideas for his flame thrower hand part and rear tubes , which i will modify and machine up in alloy to make it more accurate that is why its not there.
I looked everywhere for 1/6 scale dynamite sticks and could not find any in brown paper or red paper, so i made these.
these are wrapped around an alloy tube , (bit overkill so will switch to plastic or wooden dowel) and printed in a brown paper, i think its more movie accurate although I will get some of that faded red paper to try.
Hope you dint mind a few pics as the face changes upon different lighting
as always any comments and feedback from all in the forum is welcome as I think you guys are freakin artists!
Mars

View attachment 104422
View attachment 104423
View attachment 104424
DSC_0062.jpg
photo 4.JPG

Attachments

• photo3_zps666d742c.jpg
    photo3_zps666d742c.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 157
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
"Back off! Way off!" Nice work on Mac, mate!
Could the sideways pics be down to the way you took them? Could be your camera's set to reformat portrait pics and the SSF editor's ignoring it. Or something.

Thanks Parker and FOD.
Funny enough if I view it on my iphone they come up straight.
The first was with a camera and all the rest was with the iphone
No matter
Here's the flame thrower , I cut it up and believe the nozzle is something like this.
I did two as the first one I didn't like the holes.
Will rearrange the parts and possibly add some bits .

Thanks Parker and FOD.
Funny enough if I view it on my iphone they come up straight.
The first was with a camera and all the rest was with the iphone
No matter
Here's the flame thrower , I cut it up and believe the nozzle is something like this.
I did two as the first one I didn't like the holes.
Will rearrange the parts and possibly add some bits .
photo-2.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get the light blue hoody? i seem to find a hoody but they are generally more royal blue so abit brighter..

Hi guys , I know I am coming in late in the picture with these already built up popular characters but, i am trying to catch up.
My next custom build and paint up is MacReady.
Read up on what you guys used and got a few tips on the snow from Seb here but still haven't received the foam and powder to add more snow effects.
I also have ordered a custom gun rig combining Stevostoys rig and an addition that he is more than happy to do and should be getting that soon enough.
I couldn't afford nor find a hot toys PMC to take the head so i ended up buying this cast from ebay, good enough for a second try at painting these heads .
Also switching ot acrylics shortly but these are still enamel brushed, hopefully i have made an ok job.
i have some ideas for his flame thrower hand part and rear tubes , which i will modify and machine up in alloy to make it more accurate that is why its not there.
I looked everywhere for 1/6 scale dynamite sticks and could not find any in brown paper or red paper, so i made these.
these are wrapped around an alloy tube , (bit overkill so will switch to plastic or wooden dowel) and printed in a brown paper, i think its more movie accurate although I will get some of that faded red paper to try.
Hope you dint mind a few pics as the face changes upon different lighting
as always any comments and feedback from all in the forum is welcome as I think you guys are freakin artists!
Mars

View attachment 104422
View attachment 104423
View attachment 104424
View attachment 104425
View attachment 104426

Hi tbeally
The hoodie is or was white , I mixed royal blue acrylic poster paint and water in a small tub.
Soaked it for a few minutes and then dried and got what you see.
Don't wring it otherwise it will come up stained .

I looked everywhere also for a light blue and best I could find was a light grey .
Chances are you are looking at the same one I bought but white
Hope it helps
Mars

Back