Luke V2 Lightsaber Stolen From MR Party

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Unfortunately, someone stole the Luke V2 on display at the MR party last night.

This is much more than just a stolen item, this is an active sample being used in the process of releasing this piece and it being missing will cause delays in its release, which is a shame.

MR needs this piece back and has asked to convey they would like to get it back, no questions asked.

That's absolutely horrible. It's bad enough that MR and Lucasfilm are going their separate ways at the end of the year.

The kind folks at MR were trying as hard as they could to get this V2 saber out for it's full scale replica fans before the contract expires. I know alot of people (including myself) that have been anxiously awaiting to add this piece to their collection. To see some scumbag steal something like this saddens me a great deal.

For anybody to steal something that doesn't belong to them takes alot of balls. I hope whoever this dingbat is returns this item ASAP.

Can't beat a 5 finger discount. Bet Lucas stole it.

And didn't Obiwan technically steal Dart Vaders? Vader was still alive and Obiwan took it without asking :lol

Karma said:
Unfortunately, someone stole the Luke V2 on display at the MR party last night.

This is much more than just a stolen item, this is an active sample being used in the process of releasing this piece and it being missing will cause delays in its release, which is a shame.

MR needs this piece back and has asked to convey they would like to get it back, no questions asked.
What they didnt find it? They said that and I left shortly afterwards. Thats crappy.

hairlesswookiee said:
ummm..... why were they planning on selling this piece anyways? it had like 5 seconds of screentime. just another item for MR to cash in on.

Exactly! :lol

Looks to me like this scuzz bucket had an opportunity and made the wrong decision. Understandable, but not entitled. Too late after the fact. He/she has the opportunity of rectifying that, regardless of the accepted business practice of ripping people off for what is accepted as business practice. Any attempt at selling off the booty of the ill gotten gain is highly likely to be found out. Keeping the secret is only going to prolong the perpetrators anxiety. He/she will get what is coming to them, or the poor receiver of the booty will cop it, if they don't know the identity of the person that has propagated their dilemma. Too bad for all those wanting and waiting for this item. Not such a dilemma to MR, who will be able to replicate the item in due course.

Darth_Vader_EP3_Lightsaber.jpg

*cough* noscreentimewhatsoever *cough*

hairlesswookiee said:
ummm..... why were they planning on selling this piece anyways? it had like 5 seconds of screentime. just another item for MR to cash in on.

Thanks tob. It makes me wonder why I even bothered. Could be a marketing campaign after all that.

hairlesswookiee said:

Just to clear up a common misconception, the V2 was used MUCH more than the "hero". The "hero" saber was ONLY in the scene where Vader has it in his hands and says "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber". The V2 was shown everywhere else in the film, including the most common theatrical poster.
Yes I am a Star Wars geek, don't hate me.:)
And yes the conspiracy theorists among us could say that it was "stolen" so MR would have a reason not to worry about producing it. I am not a theorist, just saying there are those out there :)

ragacin said:
And yes the conspiracy theorists among us could say that it was "stolen" so MR would have a reason not to worry about producing it. I am not a theorist, just saying there are those out there :)

Yeah the annoncement was a lil stange no one walked up to him it was just like who ever took it bring it back. I was like was that a joke and someone said no it was legit. I don't think thats the deal but I could see why people think that.

Back