Luke Skywalker ROTJ (Inigo sculpt)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's really a decent bash but the custom sculpt's mouth and eyes have a bit of a Napoleon Dynamite vibe (too much of that buck-toothed underbite) and the Sideshow outfit seems too wrinkly and baggy. Luke's ROTJ outfit is fairly tight fitting. I do like that SSC vest better than the HT one though - I have both and both in look and texture I think the SSC one works best.

The SSC boots were an interesting concept (and hey, they'll never degrade like HT's pleather) but are a fail because as soon as you pose outside of the neutral they look wonky.

The hair sculpt on custom sculpts like this (and on SSC sculpts too) generally just doesn't have the level of detail/realism HT gets either, and great hair sculpt really helps more than people think.

It's a nice professionally done video!

Yeah, it's really a decent bash but the custom sculpt's mouth and eyes have a bit of a Napoleon Dynamite vibe (too much of that buck-toothed underbite) and the Sideshow outfit seems too wrinkly and baggy. Luke's ROTJ outfit is fairly tight fitting. I do like that SSC vest better than the HT one though - I have both and both in look and texture I think the SSC one works best.

The SSC boots were an interesting concept (and hey, they'll never degrade like HT's pleather) but are a fail because as soon as you pose outside of the neutral they look wonky.

The hair sculpt on custom sculpts like this (and on SSC sculpts too) generally just doesn't have the level of detail/realism HT gets either, and great hair sculpt really helps more than people think.

It's a nice professionally done video!

All valid criticisms! I’ve owned every 1:6 scale ROTJ Luke and this one is by far my favorite. At the end of the day, these are just figures. One of my best friend’s painted the headsculpt for me so this piece definitely holds some sentimental value.

image0.jpg
99394210_257641162118048_6197758264780783616_o.jpg

Eh, the Hot Toys has nothing on this.

That sculpt was sold with ESB hair too right? I don't think it's bad at all, but I'm not sure I love the expression, same goes for HT. I have the Inigo windswept head and like that one a lot.

Back