1/6 Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be the best bodies to put these heads on if you wanted to bash a farmboy and a smuggler?

I have Han on an older Narrow shoulder TrueType and Luke on a new True Type slim. These are bad pictures, but you get the idea.
IMG_2675.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2677.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2679.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2676.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: Sideshow Han Solo and Luke Stormtrooper set 2009

Stormie Luke was probably Sideshow's best Luke sculpt, until they unveiled the Hoth version. I'll be using the Hoth one to replace Bespin Luke's head, and hoping for a X-wing Luke to replace Tatooine and Yavin Luke's heads.

I used a repainted Stormie Luke head for my X-Wing Pilot custom. I plan on using the Hoth version for my Snowspeeder Pilot.

F3C4D88F-E22C-4074-A7E1-BF9211FC5958-8073-00000C6BB656701C_zps86924b57.jpg

Sorry no pics (maybe tonight when I get home) but basically you just need a stripe of thick cardboard (like normal shipping brownboxes) and a piece of black duct tape. Drill a hole through the taped cardboard and insert the neck balljoint (the elastic properties of duct tape will keep it tight), then fold the cardboard inside the helmet.
Anyway I remember seeing something similar using bottle caps here on the boards.

cool show me some pics when you get home

Ok, crappy phone pics with flash. Stormie Han on the left, regular Stormie on the right.
DSC_0381_zps145a918f.jpg

Here's the mod...plain cardboard with black duct tape.
DSC_0382_zpsc19a669c.jpg
You've just made my mind up to buy the Han Solo & Luke Stormtrooper disguise set for £200. Thanks.

You've just made my mind up to buy the Han Solo & Luke Stormtrooper disguise set for £200. Thanks.

congrats and good luck. I have this set now I have four sandtroopers and now four stormtroopers im working on trying for # 5.

You won't regret it, I sold mine off a few years ago, and really regretted doing so. It took me long time to find another at a decent price, $340. But , it was money well spent. Never getting rid of this set now!

You won't regret it, I sold mine off a few years ago, and really regretted doing so. It took me long time to find another at a decent price, $340. But , it was money well spent. Never getting rid of this set now!

I know what you mean I sold my collection twice and returned the money back as I could not do it now. as i have two many great figures

What would be the best bodies to put these heads on if you wanted to bash a farmboy and a smuggler?

For me, you gotta go with a body with a neck because of the low neck lines.

I would think one of the HT narrow shoulder bodies with the neck would be ideal, but they're hard to come by not to mention expensive.

You can go the cheap route and get a TTL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-TTL-Toys-City-T3-0A-12-Action-Figure-Body-in-Pale-Color-for-Character-Heads-/300916786323?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item461009c493

Some people don't like them but I've used them a bunch and never had any serious complaints.

Something like this may work for Luke. I heard they're shorter than other bodies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Enterbay-1-6-Scale-Mr-Han-Shih-Kien-RM-5-Body-/321228216719?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4acab1998f

I can't speak for it though as I've never owned one.

I used a repainted Stormie Luke head for my X-Wing Pilot custom. I plan on using the Hoth version for my Snowspeeder Pilot.

F3C4D88F-E22C-4074-A7E1-BF9211FC5958-8073-00000C6BB656701C_zps86924b57.jpg

That looks great. Who did the repaint?

I need some advice. The back of my stormtrooper helmet is some paint scuffs. What sort of paint should I used to repaint it?

Attachments

• IMG_7500.JPG
    IMG_7500.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 444
I'd go with some shade of white.

teasing aside, if it were me, i'd probobly use citadel paints
Any advice as to how to go about doing it? I'm not familiar with Citadel paint. Is it available in the UK? Do I need to remove the old paint, prime to the area or just spray over the blemish?

Citadel paint needs to be thinned. it's MADE in the UK ( it's the games workshop brand) i'd wait and/or ask in the custos section as well, though.

Just took some shots today, recreate "Death Star Garbage" scene in 1/6 scale.. Finally I'm doing this after got my custom chewbacca :)

Wokiee prisoner :), Just snap shot from my toy cabinet, will take some serious photoshoots very soon !

Back