LOTR: The Exhibition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toffeepops said:
I saw the exhibition here in Wellington...i remember i took a photo of my wife standing in the exhibition store...at the back was 7 boxes of Sam and Bill for $350NZ each, 4 Stone Trolls and other big Guns of the FOTR series. Damn...if only i could turn back time... :banghead

I saw the exhibition in London and remember seeing TWO cave troll statues for sale in the shop at list price along with some of the early FOTR stuff!!!
The exhibition itself was amazing from the Argonath entrance to all the costumes and minitures from the film. I also remember seeing boromirs body in the boat as being so lifelike it was a creepy! I could have stayed there all day looking at all the exhibits, I particularly liked seeing the lifesize treebeard head, WOW!
If you get the chance to see this you have to go. Unmissable!!

I hope they'll land in Europe again someday, man would I love to see that. If only for Theodens armor *faints*
Pity that pics aren't allowed, didn't know that...

Gunner73 said:
I saw the exhibition in London and remember seeing TWO cave troll statues for sale in the shop at list price along with some of the early FOTR stuff!!!

They still had Cave Trolls on sale then (Late 2003 - early 2004)?

I hadn't started collecting SSW stuff when I went to the exhibition (Christmas 2003) but was aware of it, I had a quick look at the shop but can't remember seeing any Cave Trolls though.

As for the exhibition itself it was all very impressive, the details on the costumes and props were amazing.

We only stayed an hour or so as my nephew was not feeling too good but I could have quite happily wandered around far longer.

Corwin said:
They still had Cave Trolls on sale then (Late 2003 - early 2004)?

I was surprised too but they were definately there. I got my one a few months before, just before they sold out so it was a surprise to see them there. This was of course before all the prices went crazy and If I'd known then what I know now I would have got one. :banghead Maybe they kept a few pieces back for the exhibition? :dunno

We saw the exhibition in London, and my other half bought me an Arwen bust fer Chrimbo :cool: Hideously overpriced, but it's the thought that counts :joy:joy

TC

So, no ones knows when the exhibition will be back in NZ? Do you think it will be back in January?

I've decided (well, almost anyway) that I'm going to go there sometime on 21-23 Oct (fly in either 21/22 Oct and do exhibit itself on either 22/23 Oct). If anyone else will be there during that time, would you be interested in meeting up?

This is indeed a "NOT TO MISS" event!

I went to the London one in Dec. '03 and can wholeheartedly recommend it.

TORG has very good pics of it on their site.

grtz,

Peter
(Lasher33)

I too saw it in London. The Mill seen by Sam in Galadriel's pool was amazing. ALL that work, just for a quick flash on screen. Boromir's funeral boat WAS creepy. The shop outside the exhibition was, to me, overpriced. I told a dealer friend a few prices, I think he nearly got in his car to buy them out... If time travel was possible, and AMEX was nice a gave me a decent amount of credit, I think we could have made a tidy profit by now flogging a few boxes.

I think the 'no cameras' thing was due to Tolkien Family agreements with New Line.

Most of the video clips were off the extended FOTR DVDs, like Lawrence getting turned into Lurtz etc..

Sure hope they'll get to europe again, wouldn't mind travelling a bit to see it, but the US is just a little too much...

I believe Indiana is the last stop for the exhibition.

This is what the information officer from Te Papa said-

"Thank you for your e mail and I suggest you go to Indiana to see the exhibition because there are no immediate plans to show it again anywhere.

I know that the trip will be well worth the visit and you will not be disappointed."

Regards,

Moira

I am so what confused when she says, "there are no immediate plans to show it again anywhere" because I thought it was going back to Te Papa. :confused:

Back