LOTR statues opinion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battle troll is a small piece, 10 inches tall or so
Snow Troll is from a game, not the movie, so pass, even though it is a cool statue
Stone trolls are also very small.
Orthanc pre-ruin you can get any time.

The Cave troll is the only grail quality piece of the group, IMHO. It is friggin huge compared to the other Weta pieces, and is in scale. The Ringwraith on steed is my favorite, but it's damn close between Balrog and Cave Troll for second.. I think I would give the nod to Cave Troll. You just fall in love with the sculpt when you have it in hand.

Here's a pic to give you an idea of the size in comparison:

WetaLotR.jpg~original

Nice setup, that cave troll is really massive.
If SS were to makes a PF of him he'll dwarf everything else around him (no pun intended).
The Weta witchking has a nice look to him, I think I like him a lil more than SS version.

I have a deal in place for a battle Troll for $120(worth it?),
Inspected my Barad Dur today first time not noticed damaged spires on side 'tower'. Somewhat upsetting to say the least but still a gorgeous piece. I think you're right. Cave troll it has to be. I'm loving it more everyday and I've never seen it close up. It's def grail worthy. My Balrog is top notch. But cave troll has 2 compliment the set

Here's a pic to give you an idea of the size in comparison:

That's a whole lot of awesomeness you've got there CF! :rock:duff

Yeah, I do believe I'm going to have to get the Morgul Lord statue again soon.

I miss that one as well, but the way SS has been cranking out 'Wraiths and baddies the last couple years - we may not have to wait much longer for their version. Hopefully it will have the out-stretched arm pose that everyone wants.:pray:

I miss that one as well, but the way SS has been cranking out 'Wraiths and baddies the last couple years - we may not have to wait much longer for their version. Hopefully it will have the out-stretched arm pose that everyone wants.:pray:

I do believe we will see this version but I'm with you that its going to be a decent chunk of time before we see the Morgul Lord from SS solo line of statues.

I just had a nerd-gasm over that photo!

If anyone ever asks me why i prefer statues to PF's or anything else, all i need do is show them that photo. Awesome.

Ok, I just bought the Stone trolls last night, only thing missing now is the Cave Troll and I think I'm done. So just need Cave & Saramaun and my collection is complete. So if anyone selling it, let me know

Wow Bill ...almost all aces shown in that incredible collection...If you include PF Lurtz and Uruk Hai Berserker...that´s all aces out I would say :)

Ok, I just bought the Stone trolls last night, only thing missing now is the Cave Troll and I think I'm done. So just need Cave & Saramaun and my collection is complete. So if anyone selling it, let me know

Well Cave troll will be hard to get and prepare a lot of cash for this big one :)

I've made an offer to a guy on EBay, but $1200 more than I'm willing to go. $900 maybe

Back