LOTR silver snail sale Canada - Big drops, highlander and bowen too

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LOTR silver snail sale Canada - Big drops, hlander ad bowen too

OMG! A sale on Bowen Bucky and Kraven busts!!
Better get there early, folks!!

;)

LOTR fans should be in for a treat though...

Last edited:
Been a few years since I've gotten anything from them but they DID ship to the US. Might have changed, but wouldn't think so? Very reliable and prompt.

Great deals on some nice items, but their stupid checkout system isn't working. I'm going to have to give them a call when they open and see if I can't place my order over the phone.

Great deals on some nice items, but their stupid checkout system isn't working. I'm going to have to give them a call when they open and see if I can't place my order over the phone.

I was messing up for me as well.

Does anyone know if their shipping is reasonable to the U.S.?

Most of the good stuff is long sold out. I was down there last weekend and did my share as far as depleting their inventory is concerned. :naughty

I was there earlier but I didn't stay long. Most of the stuff that are on sale is at the front but judging from the boxes, I wouldn't risk it. Anyway, I saw the fattest Darth Vader in there! I think they were there to promote the Adidas/Star Wars shoes along with the Adidas store, which is like two doors down. Hope this helps.

Canada generally blows when it comes to sales on statues and busts.
Stores in Montreal would rather have their displayed pieces collect 25 layers of dust than cut their prices by a dime.

I've walked into shops over the x-mas holiday and saw stuff that had to have been displayed for at least ten years or longer.

Arrrggghh...

:D

I called and the helpful guy on the phone was able to put aside a Helm's Deep and Golden Hall diorama, as well as the Shelob statue for me. Even better, I won't have to pay shipping as they'll just ship it over to the Silver Snail here in Ottawa for pick-up. :joy

I called and the helpful guy on the phone was able to put aside a Helm's Deep and Golden Hall diorama, as well as the Shelob statue for me. Even better, I won't have to pay shipping as they'll just ship it over to the Silver Snail here in Ottawa for pick-up. :joy

When did you order these? I called them yesterday and those environments were both sold out. I was there the week before and they had a bunch of these's, as well as the Mines of Moria [for $50 :google]...the problem being many of the environments had scuff marks or some paint missing....esp. Helm's Deep.

When did you order these? I called them yesterday and those environments were both sold out. I was there the week before and they had a bunch of these's, as well as the Mines of Moria [for $50 :google]...the problem being many of the environments had scuff marks or some paint missing....esp. Helm's Deep.

I just called at 10AM on Saturday, told the guy about the problem with the website, and asked if it'd be possible to ship the items I wanted to the Ottawa store. He put me on hold while he checked their stock, then came back to tell me it had been done.

I have no idea what condition they're in, but at $25 a pop, it's worth taking the risk. I'll just be sure to check their condition at the store before paying.

I just called at 10AM on Saturday, told the guy about the problem with the website, and asked if it'd be possible to ship the items I wanted to the Ottawa store. He put me on hold while he checked their stock, then came back to tell me it had been done.

I have no idea what condition they're in, but at $25 a pop, it's worth taking the risk. I'll just be sure to check their condition at the store before paying.

OK, that makes sense. I called them around lunchtime and whatever environments they did have were gone by then.

Heh, I scored. I walked down to the Ottawa store during my lunch hour and saw that he had the Weathertop and Amon Hen environments in stock, but they weren't discounted. I mentioned the items I had ordered and were being sent over, and that it was too bad that the sale didn't extend to this store.

He told me to make him an offer on both environments and I offered $60 total, figuring I'd pay what the others cost me - $30 apiece. To my surprise, he accepted!

He's also got the Aragorn at the Black Gates and Legolas and Gimli on Arod statues...I wonder how much he'd accept for those two behemoths?

Heh, I scored. I walked down to the Ottawa store during my lunch hour and saw that he had the Weathertop and Amon Hen environments in stock, but they weren't discounted. I mentioned the items I had ordered and were being sent over, and that it was too bad that the sale didn't extend to this store.

He told me to make him an offer on both environments and I offered $60 total, figuring I'd pay what the others cost me - $30 apiece. To my surprise, he accepted!

He's also got the Aragorn at the Black Gates and Legolas and Gimli on Arod statues...I wonder how much he'd accept for those two behemoths?

Sent you a p.m.:D

If anyone's interested, here's a complete list of all the Sideshow/Weta LOTR items in stock at the Ottawa location, as well as their current asking price in Canadian dollars.

Nazgul Steed bust 80
Bilbo bust 53
Sam bust 56
Cleaved Orc bust 64
Frodo bust 40
Ringwraith bust 68
Orc Pitmaster statue (x3) 145
Elrond bust (x2) 56
Elendil bust 56
Legolas statue 144
Grond Troll bust 61
Grima Wormtongue bust (x2) 63