LOTR Premium Format Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creecher said:
I know you were being provocative with the doll talk. I just couldn't resist having a prod back. I didn't mean to trod on your toes on a personal level Josh, and I hope things improve and you can still enjoy Christmas, and that 2006 will see you back on top of your situation.

Creech it's all good.:D :D :D :D

Not a doll, not a stachoo either. I think the jury's still out on the real hair. Elektra looks great in it (as does LaM) but we've yet to see it in a beauty treatment as it would have to be for Arwen, Galadriel, etc. But the Premium Format figures (NOT dolls, NOT statchews) will lose much of their appeal to me if they have sculpted, polystone hair.

Darklord Dave said:
But the Premium Format figures (NOT dolls, NOT statchews) will lose much of their appeal to me if they have sculpted, polystone hair.

So then you don't care for the SW figures much or that Punisher you got recently since they have sculpted hair?:p

I trust Sideshow to use their good judgement on hair vs. sculpted on a case by case basis.

I mean, look at Luke and Han, that's all sculpted and it suits those figures fine. In fact, imagine if they had 'doll hair'- I think they'd likely look terrible.

I just hope Lurtz is carrying his bow... I agree sideshow will use its discretion as to which will look better. I have a PF van helsing and it looks fine that it is not sculpted. But, Luke and Han would look terrible if they used hair. The paint job on the Lurtz is really impressive... it is a great choice for the 1st LOTR PF. The ordering frenzy probably will not be like star wars, but it's been tough with the LOTR stuff nevertheless... remember the gondorian helms? :banghead I am crossing fingers that the price is reasonable.

Sculpted is great for short hair and looks fine. But when it's supposed to be long and/or unkempt, it doesn't work as well.

For instance - imagine Arwen with long sculpted hair that falls over her shoulders - how do they get the dress on without having a removeable head? And then there's a seam at the neck. Not the ideal solution.

Last edited:
Back