LOTR PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beruthiel

Queen of Cats
Reaction score
Is anyone beginning to doubt that there will be a decent line of LOTR PFs? It's been simply months and months since Frodo was anounced, he's due to be shipped in the not to distant future and no word at all on the next one. I'm really starting to think that maybe this line is going nowhere and wondering if buying them is worth the money and effort.

Beruthiel said:
Is anyone beginning to doubt that there will be a decent line of LOTR PFs? It's been simply months and months since Frodo was anounced, he's due to be shipped in the not to distant future and no word at all on the next one. I'm really starting to think that maybe this line is going nowhere and wondering if buying them is worth the money and effort.
From what we have heard supposedly Sideshow is working on a couple.

Yes, definitely working on a couple! You know, I hear Toy Fair is just around the corner, and who knows what could happen there... I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

SideshowDusty said:
Yes, definitely working on a couple! You know, I hear Toy Fair is just around the corner, and who knows what could happen there... I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

Since Toy Fair will have been a year since the last announcement, there better be at least 2 shown there. And 3 months is still a fairly long time away :eek:

Darth Loki said:
Since Toy Fair will have been a year since the last announcement, there better be at least 2 shown there. And 3 months is still a fairly long time away :eek:

Dusty took the words right out of my mouth...I would expect at least 2-3 a year of the LOTR PFs. Star Wars has rapidly become their bread and butter...so I expect more SW products...but LOTR has a very strong following...so they are dedicated to that line as well.

Geb

Radagaster said:
Chuck it up to Dusty to get us salivating again . . .

Thanks for the teaser, Dusty, I promise not to "chuck it up" to you (chalk, maybe, but never chuck) ! :lol

Darth Loki said:

not only do there need to be at least 2 shown, but they damn well better be sellin' em on the floor. good grief this line is killin' me.

SideshowDusty said:

And by confirm nor deny, you mean Gandalf the Grey PF and 12" right?

I know there are a lot of folks that really like the 12 in figures, but I'm not one of those. I appreciate that they are really nice and well done, but I'm just not into them. There is no comparison between the 12 inch figures and the PF's in my book.

Lurtz is absolutely amazing, Frodo doesn't look as good, but I have hopes that what is pictured on the ss site is not the final product and will be improved.

However, if there aren't going to be but 3 or 4 of the PF's, I really don't want to even go there. These are expensive and unless there are a good number to represent the characters, what's the point? Why collect a few of this and a few of that? I'm not a completionist, but could be with the PF's if they are released or at least announced in a timely manner.

Toy Fair is too far away to wait for a maybe there will be another one. Sorry, but I'm losing faith in this line and am not willing to just wait and wait till ss tells us that the line is a failure and won't be continued. And, unless they pick up the pace some, the line will fail. Numbers drop when interest drops and without anything to keep the interest up, well........

Mey be one reason that this line is so forgotten is the poor sales of Frodo has disappointed SS so much.

But again, here comes the lessons learned for SS:

SS shouldn't approve such a face sculpt if you are in the early stages of a series, especially if 250 $ will be asked for a relatively small statue.

I am buying Frodo and willing to buy more if SS will announce new pieces. Another lessons learned would be:

If the announcements will be this slow, interest will also be low

Its merchandising, but why make us wait so long i do collect the new 12 inch i like Aragorn really, not the best likeness but i like it, i do preordered Frodo and im specting a great Pf because it will be my first one so i think SS need a best effort showing us new products so we continue with a big interest 2 per year is ok but this line is goin TOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW.

SS might show us a new Pf or as stated before the interest will get lost.

Yeah, you know there is more coming but man does that suck to have to wait 3 more months. Oh well! At least we know more is in the works.

Its FAR too long a gap to not even have a teaser from them as to what the next PF might be!! Come on SS give us something to dream about over the christmas PLEASE!!!! Don't wait till Toy Fair many of us can't get to that and have no interest in it we just follow whats on here and we ALL really need the next announcement at least!! Just a wee picture of HIS STAFF at least heh heh!! Either wizard will do!!! Oh and thanks!! :lol

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, you know there is more coming but man does that suck to have to wait 3 more months. Oh well! At least we know more is in the works.

They gave us that at SDCC. Oh more are in the works. Well guess what? That was almost 5 months ago. I love this line and think it will be the best LOTR line when all things are said and done but the pace is killing this line.

Darth Loki said:
They gave us that at SDCC. Oh more are in the works. Well guess what? That was almost 5 months ago. I love this line and think it will be the best LOTR line when all things are said and done but the pace is killing this line.

Couldn't have said it better Loki.

Last Sunday I picked up my Lurtz PF and it looks truly amazing. But it just takes to long. 2-3 PF's are year is just to long.

Give us a list for 2-3 years of what is coming and the interest will pick up.

But don't wait to long. Just don't do it. It will be the end of the best line SS ever made.

dsc1520uu6.jpg

Back