LOTR Exhibition in Houston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love going to exhibits of movie props like this. I once saw one of a bunch of '80's movie props including Aliens and Star Wars, and I still remember it to this day.

There was also a John Howe watercolor of Gandalf arriving at Bag-End that would have made a spectacular print from Sideshow!

:bang That is the print I was hoping that Sideshow would end the line with. I wanted that even more than a ROTK litho. I would have given us 2 Howes and 2 Lees.

It was such a shame one couldn't take photos....I don't know the reason behind that, but I suppose it's up to them right?

This is pretty much the standard in museums with great works of art. The flash from the cameras can ruin pieces of art forever, and it is easier to ban cameras all together, instead of disallowing flash. I'm sure the Weta gang realizes the long term significance of these pieces, and wishes to keep them in the best state possible.

Is this the only time that this exhibit has been on tour in the U.S.? It is not coming near me at all, and I wonder if I missed it when it was close before.

The exibit really was awesome, but we all took the mislabelling of Edoras as The Prancing Pony as a sign that perhaps Houston didn't have enough room for all the art?

Theoden's armour was absoloutly amazing in person, but Treebeard and lifesize Cavey also have to be noted, Treebeard really seemed to watch you as you walked around the room.... I can tell you that we definatly were not hasty in seeing everything.

The score was very well adapted for the symphony and the soloist (forgot her name) did an excellent job with both Gollum's song and In To The West.... fortunatly I was behind the rest of the Austin Nuts so they couldn't see me getting a tad watery eyed. :)

It was definatly a day I will never forget..... especially the close up look at the best Mumak ever

elwood, it was in Boston in 2004 and will move to Indiana after Houston, so maybe you will be close enough then. And yes, the Gandalf art would have been an awesome print and given us two Howes! Tis a shame... :|

I saw the exhibition in London, and was totally blown away :thud :thud I have no idea why there wasn't a programme produced :dunno :dunno I'd have paid a lot of money, if they'd put one out :bang :bang

If one is produced in the future, I'll definitely get it :rock :rock :wave :wave

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Back