Lotr Balrog premium format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just want something similar to the weta balrog statue they made, refuse to pay $2000 for it with all the fakes out there.

yes if they made a balrog 1/4 pf it would be like 5.000 dollars at least and there would only probably be like 100 of them.

Sideshow will make another in time, I'll keep the weta one though, probably get about 8 grand for him in ten years time if need too sell, only one in sheffield I believe.

I'm currently looking for the SSW version.
Am I safe if I don't buy an AP of this or are there other knock offs out there?

IMG_0853.jpg

I'm currently looking for the SSW version.
Am I safe if I don't buy an AP of this or are there other knock offs out there?

there are other fakes, but your biggest problem will be getting a mint one. Many time you will see tiny cracks on the whip and/or chips in the hair even tough it's listed as mint/perfect. I gave up trying to get this piece at $2000 and so many potential for issues, just too risky. Unless i can find one local and inspect it in person first.

What I'm pissed about the most in regards to the fakes that have come out recently...I have a very early proof of this statue that I've had for a decade now...I got it when the original color boxes werent even made yet...I have the original styro only no box(they werent made yet)...It has nothing underneath at all( no writing or numbers whatsoever) ...It is also I would say just a tinge brighter than the regular editions( I had one of those too)...So if I should ever decide to sell it some guy is eventually gonna try to tell me that mine is a fake when I really got this 10 years ago...That's my major reason I'm pissed off with the fakes in regards to this piece anyway

Last edited:
What I'm pissed about the most in regards to the fakes that have come out recently...I have a very early proof of this statue that I've had for a decade now...I got it when the original color boxes werent even made yet...I have the original styro only no box(they werent made yet)...It has nothing underneath at all( no writing or numbers whatsoever) ...It is also I would say just a tinge brighter than the regular editions( I had one of those too)...So if I should ever decide to sell it some guy is eventually gonna try to tell me that mine is a fake when I really got this 10 years ago...That's my major reason I'm pissed off with the fakes in regards to this piece anyway

honestly noone really cares that much about fakes vs real anymore as long as the quality is the same (which from what i see they are) and it's mint. The fakes and real are all going for the same price..$1000+

you can just explain it on the ebay auction exactly what you said, if a buyer really cares that much it may be a fake then they wont bid on it, but most dont.

honestly noone really cares that much about fakes vs real anymore as long as the quality is the same (which from what i see they are) and it's mint. The fakes and real are all going for the same price..$1000+

you can just explain it on the ebay auction exactly what you said, if a buyer really cares that much it may be a fake then they wont bid on it, but most dont.

This is pretty shocking to me.

Got the chance to get a mint condition one (numbered) for a reasonable price and local pickup, I guess I got to jump on that deal although I got lots of stuff on PO right now.

Back