Lost in Space Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking Spawn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Netflix just released the trailer the other day. Being a big fan of the 60's show, I did find the new preview very interesting so far. I'm not so sure about some of the changes but I'll keep an open mind about everything. A female Dr. Smith? I always thought of the character as a cowardly man putting himself before anything else. Curious if she will be the same way.

The FX and visuals look amazing and the new "Robot" is also VERY interesting. I'm hoping its well written and likeable. Definitely appears "dark" rather than campy like the original.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

Looks cool enough. Not something I'd normally give a look at, but it has Captain Flint: Spaceman Edition, so I'll give it a shot.

Awful generic trailer, but looks interesting. Plus Toby Stephens, so it's def a watch.

The forced black daughted thing tho is just... ugh.

I also noticed the black daughter thing too but didn't want to be the first to mention it. Typical PC movement these days, I suppose. So was she adopted or is she a result of a previous relationship by one of the parents? Or maybe Netflix will keep this answer a mystery.

If Netflix wanted more diversity with its characters, then it would've made more sense to make Major West a black man. Get the right black actor with the character's original protective demeanor would've been a great mix! Oh well.

In the meantime, I really hope the Robot is a really cool character. He was always my favorite from the original series. Weird, ah?

With Netflix they could go really intense with this franchise without holding back. So it might be worth watching

Been discussing the new series on the LIS forums the past year. Everybody is very excited for this series. Sure hope it lives up to the expectations.

I never really watched much of the old series, but was there other families in space too? Interesting that as I always understood it, was that they were alone out in space. Might be interesting having to deal with opposing families.

J2 looks like the movie one crossed with the Millennium Falcon
Amazing looking like a big budget movie!

I just saw a bus plastered with publicity for this show in my little corner of the world, something that has only occurred with some local originals in the past.

Hope this one is good, last OG Netflix show I absolutely loved was DARK.

Started watching..very impressed, beautiful scenery , the plot is a little misleading and can leave in different directions but so was the original

But it’s the kind of show that leaves you interested and intrigued with every episode.

Definitely worth to binge IMO

But I think the shocking but pleasant surprise is the casting, the actors are really good IMO. The younger teen actors are really cast well and that is rare to see in tv nowadays

I really get the sense of LOST and even OUAT in which the acting takesover the weird flow of each episode.

But you be the judge. All in all, I recommend at least watching the first episode :)

Just finished the second episode and my girlfriend loved it, I could take it or leave it. The good points for me is that it's obvious a lot of money has been poured into it, the acting is pretty good and the special effects are fantastic. Really spectacular to look at especially on a good tv. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of watching loads of kids and couldn't care less about the family but the writers and director have done a good job I agree. One last point, one character in particular I would have liked to have been all CGI rather than an actor in a suit. Practical effects are great but it was just too obvious that is was a guy dressed up for me. Otherwise a solid effort but the reviews will be rather split I reckon

Watched the first episode last night. Liked everything except the portrayal of the father (John). The kids were pretty rude to him after they landed. For a minute I thought it was Don and not the dad the way they spoke to him. They also made him out to be not too intelligent, unlike the original where he was a professor.

Watched the first episode last night. Liked everything except the portrayal of the father (John). The kids were pretty rude to him after they landed. For a minute I thought it was Don and not the dad the way they spoke to him. They also made him out to be not too intelligent, unlike the original where he was a professor.

Keep watching..there are more flashbacks to John that define the difference between the original and rebooted portrayal. It was a bold move to change the relationship between him and the family but I see that the directors wanted the viewers to relate to how families aren’t so much the cookie cutter 60s glam family of old tv.

It was harsh I thought at first, but it is common in most families in the past decade.

Back