Lost Hot Toys Licenses - things announced but yet to see...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lost Hot Toys Licenses

:exactly:

They are their top sellers and HT only cares about $$$$...Howard Chan needs to be extra pimp with his homies!

hangover.jpg

exactly and its a shame

-Captain Harlock
-Original X-Men Trilogy

As for Harlock, I don't think that is HT's fault. The live action movie, for which HT had the license, is stuck in development hell and may not see the light of day...

Sleepy Hollow was announced a few months ago too. And Angelica, from the POTC line is also to be revealed.

And the Cannibal Throne was shown at ani-com and then nothing

Because they sell... a lot.

Not as much as 7+ other licenses will make them

i think the most frustrating is elias. with the others they announced licenses, but with elias we actually saw a placeholder figure backdrop on a display! come on HT, you bastards!

they've already announced stuff like amazing spider-man too. why? why not just wait till the movie is closer?

Not to mention they've shown Bane & Fury already, that's appauling considering they were the last to be announced and all the others are far longer overdue.

I'm pretty sure The Expendables Jason Statham and Jet Li figures will never see the light of day.

I'm starting to think HT scours this board and wants to see how far they can go on holding these licences before Nova goes crazy. :lol ;)

Well Ashley Wood was recently visiting the folks at hot toys...and for what it is worth said "collab" over at the 3A board...Now if that is true or not is still to be determined....but since he was the original illustrator it makes sense...

If Hot Toys were visiting Kojima Productions, then we could be 100% certain that Metal Gear Solid stuff is in the works. Yoji Shinkawa is the original artist and creator of the Metal Gear Solid designs, by the way. Ashley Wood only served as a guest artist for two MGS games on the PSP, and he illustrated two sets of MGS comics a few years ago. He's also working on the soon-to-be announced Metal Gear Rex statue. But aside from that, ThreeA doesn't own the creative rights to MGS, and just like any other company (including Hot Toys), they have to request the license from Konami.

With that said, two companies have never collaborated to make a Metal Gear Solid figure. I'm not saying that it can't happen. But, if it did, it would be highly unorthodox. In addition, I would imagine that the price would have to be extremely high in order to cover the licensing fee, as well to ensure that everyone makes profit from the sales.

To me, the Hot Toys + ThreeA thing, has more to do with Ashley Wood giving Hot Toys the permission to use his original work (eg. World War Robots, art concepts, etc).

Last edited:
Tron Legacy has been DOA for awhile now, the Lightcycle might rejuvinate it but i'm not hopeful

Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson has been expected by fans for too long.

Elias from Platoon was announced and forgotten

Once upon a time they also hinted at vintage Tron figures as well. :mad:

I need a new interview with HT where they pepper it with teases of upcoming figures and licences like their old Milk magazine spreads. The closest thing we have is the odd interview with a sculptor, Howard talking about Bespin Luke and a badly scanned article where BTTF and Blade Runner are mentioned. Damn do they know how to not communicate with fans. And customers.

Except for seamless Bruce, which doesn't look likely if speculation over the license/likeness rights is correct, I have zero interest in any of these future releases thank goodness.

The wait on these is nothing.
I'm still waiting for the Sideshow Happy Days series that was announced back in the Get Smart! and Hogan's Heroes days. :D

The lost continue to stay lost, such a waste

Just realised i haven't ordered anything since July last year, just because there isn't much variety in franchises anymore...

Of the last 17 Pre-Orders...

Hawkeye
Batmobile
Nick Fury
Tumbler
Iron man MK 1
Red Skull
Black suit spider-man
Samurai Predator
Luke Skywalker
War Machine Milk
Iron Monger
Noland
Joker 89
Batman 89
Classic Predator
Gantry

7 have been Marvel Studios film
4 have been DC/Batman
3 have been Predator
1 from Avatar
1 from Spider-Man
1 from Star Wars

Judging by the latest teaser it'll be 8 from Marvel Studios by next week. And 0 (in total) from most of the ones on the first page.

The last six concecutive Pre-Order have been from the same two studios/franchises, without one break to mix in variety to keep other customers attentive :dunno

What was the point of them buying the rights for them and announcing them as coming soon?

Last edited:
Back