Los Angeles Residents...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all.... been away for a while due to the fact that I have sold off my collection (hold your tears... hehe). However, I still have a couple items that due to the lack of boxes (or fear that the item would never survive a shipping) i have not sold. The main two are:

The Kind of the Dead Statue

and

Danbury Mints The Tower of Barad-Dur

Also, i have all three mini statues that came with the EE's of the films. So if anybody is interested in any or all of these items and lives in LA or can arrange to pick them up, shoot me an email. Hope everyone is well!

Not sure why it on there.. but it is..

From the feedback thread in the for sale section..

Lookin4precious [-100] SCAMMER ALERT!! Promised to resolve disputes with various members, but did not.

Lookin4Precious said:
Hey all.... been away for a while due to the fact that I have sold off my collection (hold your tears... hehe). However, I still have a couple items that due to the lack of boxes (or fear that the item would never survive a shipping) i have not sold. The main two are:

The Kind of the Dead Statue

and

Danbury Mints The Tower of Barad-Dur

Also, i have all three mini statues that came with the EE's of the films. So if anybody is interested in any or all of these items and lives in LA or can arrange to pick them up, shoot me an email. Hope everyone is well!

Seems since the guy is looking to make a face-2-face transaction, it may be a wee bit safer... Unless he is a serial killer. :horror

pixletwin said:
Seems since the guy is looking to make a face-2-face transaction, it may be a wee bit safer... Unless he is a serial killer. :horror

That explains why he wants to do the exchange in a dark alley. :lol

pixletwin said:

watching too many serials huh? :lol

WTF?!? Scammer alert? Hardly. I had one incident with one person that was 100% resolved and chocked up to miscommunication. The person even went out of their way to make a whole thread clearing my name. The details of this escape me as it was probably close to a year ago now.. if not more. But look at my post. I simply have statues I don't want to ship because I don't feel they would arrive safe and undamaged and i'm offering them freely to people in the L.A. area??? Where is there even a possibility for this to be a scam? Sometimes it isn't worth going out of your way to do a nice thing... maybe the dumpster out back would appreciate them more.. jeeze....

Lookin4Precious said:
WTF?!? Scammer alert? Hardly. I had one incident with one person that was 100% resolved and chocked up to miscommunication. The person even went out of their way to make a whole thread clearing my name. The details of this escape me as it was probably close to a year ago now.. if not more. But look at my post. I simply have statues I don't want to ship because I don't feel they would arrive safe and undamaged and i'm offering them freely to people in the L.A. area??? Where is there even a possibility for this to be a scam? Sometimes it isn't worth going out of your way to do a nice thing... maybe the dumpster out back would appreciate them more.. jeeze....

Before you get carried away and really go through with the dumpster threat, just send them my way, I'll take my chance on breakage before I could live with knowing they were lost forever.

As I mentioned.. Im not sure why its there..

I remember you as an up and up guy.. But that feedback has you as a threat to buy from.. You may want to clear that one up w/ the thread moderator..

I was just directing your attention to that.

Lookin4Precious said:

Since I took over the feedback thread in September I sort of inherited all the previous goings-on. Here is what was left:

Lookin4precious [-100] SCAMMER ALERT!! Promised to resolve disputes with various members, but did not.

In light of whats been posted I will place L4P back in the positive thread unless anyone else had any negative dealings with him.

The problem is, I don't know how many transactions L4P had before the dispute with LOTRSWFan... Plus it mentions multiple members having disputes with L4P, not just LOTRSWFan. So if any other folks had negative transactions with him, please speak up, otherwise I will give L4P the benfit of the doubt.

In any case, when I get a chance, I'll comb the old thread to see if there is anything relevent there.

:duff

Last edited:
pixletwin said:
The problem is, I don't know how many transactions L4P had before the dispute with LOTRFan... Plus it mentions multiple members having disputes with L4P, not just LOTRFan. So if any other folks had negative transactions with him, please speak up, otherwise I will give L4P the benfit of the doubt.

It wasn't me ... :wave

rocketman.jpg

Actually the despute was with LOTRSWFan (or something like that), he merely bit off of my completely original forum name. :rolleyes:

LOTRFan said:
It wasn't me ... :wave ...Actually the despute was with LOTRSWFan (or something like that), he merely bit off of my completely original forum name. :rolleyes:

woops :eek: Edited my post.

I looked in the old feedback thread and I saw no reference to the transaction between LOTRSWFan and L4P.

I did find a post from bodie asking if that dispute havn't been settled.. Which went completely ignored... so yeah. Looking4Precious has been restored to the light and is now allowed to vote and own a gun. :rock

Thanks for clearing that up... i'm not around here anymore so not that it REALLY matters... but still.. i did enjoy my time here and the people that were on (some of which still are) this board and i would hate to look back and think that my reputation as just another fan and collector and member of the board was tarnished. Anyway... that's that. And let me know if any collectors do want them, otherwise i think i'm just going to give them to a friend.

And as for shipping them.... no chance. The KOTD is already a hassel to ship and im missing his foam box.... he wouldn't make it to the end of the street :-D

Bodie The Cursed said:
What are you asking for the Barad Dur.. I know someone who might be interested.:emperor

As i said... i'm giving them away. As long as you can pick them up and i don't have to ship me, they're for the taking. Let me know soon if you do know someon bodie bc if not, i think i might.

I live in Los Angeles and I am available to take this precious sculpt from you...unfortunately I am a relative of Bodie...I hope this does not turn the deal sour. :monkey1

pm me por-favor.

Back