Premium Format Lord of Darkness PF question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mace Handowan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I have recently aquired a Lord of Darkness PF and I am really happy with it. It's really an awesome piece. However: There seems to be some sort of leaning issue. The statue doesn't stand flush on the base but leans a few degrees to the front. Also the staff in his right hand is way more oriented to the left (when directly looking at the piece) than in most pictures I have seen on the net. Is this a common issue with this piece or is there some sort of trick in order to fix this issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Ok, here is a quick pic I took with my iPhone.

lordofdarkness.jpg

I will try to take some more pictures from different angles later on.

I would say the right hand is just in the wrist wrong, can't really tell about the other issue.

The problem is that I can push the statue back a few degrees as he is leaning forward. I also cannot orient the staff in any other way in his wrist. I already checked whether one of his legs features a break leading to this issue, but so far I couldn't feel anything below his clothes. Maybe I have to check the statue again. One question though: The peg on his rear foot is smaller than the hole in the base whereas the front peg is way thicker. Is this also the case with yours?

Hi guys, I hate to bring back an old thread but thought it easier then starting a new one. I'm currently working a trade on a Darkness PF for a Rhino Ex Comiquette. I'm doing the trade but just wondering what Darkness goes for nowadays and wondering if you think the value will be affected when PCS's Darkness goes up for pre-order?

I think the EX goes for between $500-$600. I doubt the PCS version that's coming will effect it much. The PCS version is 1/3rd scale and $1k...that alone will rule many out.

I think the EX goes for between $500-$600. I doubt the PCS version that's coming will effect it much. The PCS version is 1/3rd scale and $1k...that alone will rule many out.
$799.99 if you do the one time payment. The PCS LoD.

I think it will effect it. I think it's similar to everyone dumping the Sideshow Optimus Prime now and jumping onboard the Prime One Optimus.
The Sideshow Ex was going as high as $3500.00 at one time. Now the last few months I've seen it sell for $1200.00 to $1500.00 and more than a few for sale regularly now.
Everyone always wants what's the Newest, Bigger & Better item now!
This is no different.

Gotcha! :)

The difference between Optimus and Darkness, the Prime Optimus is better than the SS Maquette. Sideshow's 1:4 scale Darkness is better than the PCS 1:3 IMO. I don't care for this one at all.

It is not suppose to lean like that. I think something is broken underneath the cloth. It could of been displayed next to a window also the heat from the sun will warp the polystone.

Back