Loose Alien feet , now cured !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!!!! Very happy for you , i have found basic stands for the aliens at a art store called Johans.There 2.00 bucks and perfect for aliens

Well , would you believe it ( probably in this case , yes !) while working on the Warrior ...... the knee broke......:gah:
The figure is going back in the box until I gather up the enthusiasm to do anything about it .
(And King Darkness and EVILFACE , you have my permission to smile smugly ! :lol )

Ahh sorry to hear the knee snapped after all that, but a knee repair isn't thst hard. don't give up like kate bush said:)that footloose vid made me laugh took mea second to join the dots:)

Can't say I'm familiar , any details ? :dunno

Got a PM asking how I did the repairs, so here goes:

First off, you should get yourself 2 spare wrist joints.
I bought a pair of Hot Toys Wolf Predator wrist joints for my repairs off EBAY.

Second, get a pack of "BiC"'s pencils.

Third, cut the ends the broken figure's ball joints.

DSC06627.jpg

Fourth, cut the ends off the pencils (remove the erasers first) and glue them over the ends of the ball joints. Make sure you measure the pencil pieces so the joint doesn't end up being too long.

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

You can do the same thing for the arm or leg.

DSC06628.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of pencil I was talking about earlier.

DSC06629.jpg

Before you glue the new joint to the figure, make sure you test fit it first, and put the rubber sleeve back on.

Hope this helps.
FB

this is quoted from FACEBOX

Wow , that's brilliant ! I'd a few options in mind regarding the repair , but none as "user friendly " as that . I've already got the Pred wrist joints ( they are what I used for the ankle repair ) , so I just need to find the pencils . Fantastic ! :yess:

Well , inspired by douchbag94 I've had a crack at repairing the Alien's knee . Using some styrene rod instead of the pencil parts , I added a couple of short sections to connect the Pred joint to the original joints posts/pegs .
2013-02-08163715_zpsb2877ccd.jpg

2013-02-08164828_zps61e33d2b.jpg

After a bit of a fiddle getting the rubber "sleeve" on , the legs as good as new . In fact better , because I know it's not going to snap if I look at it sideways !
And while I was at it , I added some of the styrene rod to the feet as well .
2013-02-08172223_zps91d95ad2.jpg

( Apologies for the poor pics , I took them minus glasses ! ):slap

Back