Looking for replacement silver studs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youbastards

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Hot Toys Luke Skywalker has silver studs missing from both belts, and I want to find a replacement that I can apply myself. I don't want to bother Sideshow for replacement belts for something so trivial, and honestly, I'm not convinced more might not come off in the future.

Does anyone know of a replacement that I could use? I thought about finding a pin that is the same size and trying to trim the head off of it, but I was hoping someone might know of an easier way to replace these myself.

Here is a picture showing the studs I am referring to:

IMG_1756-horz.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

easy fix... go to ebay and search "nail heads" (which is what Sideshow uses.. they are simply a heat applicated button that comes in various sizes and colors.. and very cheap..

easy fix... go to ebay and search "nail heads" (which is what Sideshow uses.. they are simply a heat applicated button that comes in various sizes and colors.. and very cheap..

Thanks Mike! I had a feeling this would be an easy fix, but I just didn't know what these things are called. It looks like the correct replacements are 2mm flat round silver nail heads, I just ordered over 100 for $3, and will post to confirm once they arrive. I lost a stud on my T-800 jacket, so this will probably work for that as well.

Here you go.

vWltH.jpg

WRONG! The correct way to troll this thread would have been to post ole Norrin Radd: :hi5: :monkey1

2055766-silversurferinthynamepg00.jpg

I got my replacement studs in, and they are very easy to apply, but just a word of advice, they don't require much pressure to apply, so don't overdo it. The only issue is the replacements I got are shinier than what HT used for Luke, and the original ones are more raised than the replacments. I'm pretty happy with it though, and will try to remember to post a picture later this week.

Back