looking for P1 mother ship ref, pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just another Model. I think he wants screen pics. Copying a model paint scheme is no better than blinding painting it yourself.

Well, I have to disagree on that point. Any reference material can help you with painting and ideas for painting. Even if it comes from another model.

True.. but not when it comes to screen accuracy. Who knows though, maybe he doesn't want screen accuracy and he just wants an idea of how to start. In that case you'd be right vujk. :)

It was a Mothership.. what "shot" out was a scout ship like the one in P2. You have to remember AVP basically ruined what Predator and Predator 2 had already set up so in AVP the Preds launched to Earth in those pod things but in P2 you can clearly see theres a scout ship in the sewer (that was a sewer right!?) same as Predator. Those pod things were introduced in AVP with a lot of other crap that conflicted with the first 2 movies.

I Believe in 'Predator' it was a pod that he landed in, afterall he was only one hunter.

In P2 the entire clan was present so it probably made more sense for them to land the ship.

although 'Requiem' came later, it shed light on that aspect of P1

The ship from the beginning of Predator can be seen in the underbelly of the mothership at the end of AvP.
There's actually 2 of them attached to the mothership.

You have to look close...but they're there.

Well that's my point, don't use AVP or AVP:R as a reference since all the concepts and "story" elements from those films contradict Predator and Predator 2. When P1 and P2 were made there was no "Pods" so that concept came AFTER.

I Believe in 'Predator' it was a pod that he landed in, afterall he was only one hunter.

In P2 the entire clan was present so it probably made more sense for them to land the ship.

The same way I said avoid using AVP/AVP:R as a reference, realistically with P1 you have to do the same with Predator 2. Sounds weird but it's true. When P1 came out it was a stand alone film. There wasn't any lore or anything planned out. That's why in actuality even Predator 2 contradicts Predator 1.

not everything in AVP and AVP:R contradicts P1 and P2.and as was with most other sci-fi franchises later installments add things to the universe, even if they are crossovers.

Since it could not be made out what the thing was that the Jungle Hunter landed in, it is fair to assume it was a pod.

Just like it is fair to assume that before he landed he chose not to take along a whip, blue liquid, and shurikens.

My bad. The problem is I'm trying to explain something in REAL LIFE as opposed to within MOVIE CANNON.

REAL LIFE
The ship in Predator is a "Mothership" and the smaller craft is a "Scout" ship similar to the one seen in Predator 2.

MOVIE CANNON
Whatever you say. Pod? ok.. cool. It's whatever.

Better?

no :lol

because....

in p1 there was only 1 hunter, so he would not need an entire ship
in p2 there was an entire clan

in p1 we never saw what he landed in so it cannot be assumed it was another ship

in p1 the original ship was too small to deploy another ship the size of what we saw in p2

.none of the above are movie cannon related.

ok, two things.

what's movie cannon?

wtf is that dude saying in Jokers avatar? %$%$$%%, bad for me.....thats what I am getting atm, It's hypnotic.

Back