Looking for 1/6 skull

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollins

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm looking for a 1/6 skull, but more than that.

I don't want one that's anatomically sized correctly for 1/6th scale, I'm looking for one that's more like the size of a 1/6 head, as I'd be using it for a custom (think like how the red skull looks, like that)

I'd be using it to do a custom of this guy:

blackmask.jpg

That's black mask, I've got everything found that I need to make the custom except the head!

Every skull I've seen seems to be anatomically sized in 1/6th scale, whilst what I need is it to be more like the size of a 1/6 head.

just a thought, but if the skulls are too small, you can layer some sculpy on them to make them bigger.

I wonder how the neck is on that character you are trying to replicate in 1/6. Is it like a blak turtle neck sweater covering the flesh?

It's a normal flesh coloured neck on black mask, but he'd be wearing a white shirt

If you can't find anything stock, I'd suggest just sculpting it yourself. It'll probably end up being cheaper and at least that way, you'll be 100% happy with the size.

cant see your pic here at work but something like this maybe? its a bit exaggerated in the cheek bones.

https://www.pushindaisies.com/candypress/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=194

That's be perfect if it was only a tiny bit smaller, gah!

If you can't find anything stock, I'd suggest just sculpting it yourself. It'll probably end up being cheaper and at least that way, you'll be 100% happy with the size.

Unfortunately, I suck at sculpting, so it's more than likelt come out looking a mess

Someone (I think it was Buttmunch) made a black skull using the skull and bones from the Dream Warriors Freddy figure.

There was a 1/6 Red Skull sculpt floating around ebay for a while. It was more along the lines of what you're taking about.

I have a few different 1/6th scale skulls I sculpted... I may be able to make a slightly larger one with a neck if there is interest. I wouldnt sell them for the same price as a normal head but if i add a neck etc and enlarge it I would have to charge a few bucks for it ;)

Someone (I think it was Buttmunch) made a black skull using the skull and bones from the Dream Warriors Freddy figure.

What I good memory you have! From the Third Custom Figure Challange:

I'm going to be honest, this isn't a character I know a whole lot about. I'm a visual person and if I like how a character looks, I usually like the character. Black Mask is one of those characters. Early versions of his mask suck. I'm a huge fan of the newer Skull Mask. I took it a step further and basically made him "The Black Skull" :lol

The outfit was ripped off directly from THE Batman animated series version of the character. It consists of Sideshow's Scarface suit and vest and hands and gun. The shirt and tie from Storerooms and the shoes and socks standard Sideshow dress versions.

The head is from the SDCC Freddy Kruger. It is the skull accessory he came with. I simply cut off an Art S. Buck's head and glued and sculpeyed the skull on top. It is still very fragile (had to glue it back together once before painting) but it seems to be sturdy enough now.

dsc00472hj3.jpg

dsc00473kr0.jpg

dsc00476yp7.jpg

dsc00441xs6.jpg

And ironically, I'm working on his red faced cousin right now :naughty

This was my go at him... my own sculpt.

redskullfinalf.jpg

Looks great! But I'm going with the SS Uniform look, plus a more realistic head. Pretty much just trying to take Sideshow's PF down to 1:6 scale. I'm using the DiD T. Becker for the outfit - he even has the skull cane!

I'll try to post a pic of the skull I am using tonight. Its not the same as the Black Mask skull I used, so at least they won't be twins.

Charles Hughey, what did you use for the cigarette holder on your Red Skull? I've been looking to make/buy one for mine.

Looks great! But I'm going with the SS Uniform look, plus a more realistic head. Pretty much just trying to take Sideshow's PF down to 1:6 scale. I'm using the DiD T. Becker for the outfit - he even has the skull cane!

I'll try to post a pic of the skull I am using tonight. Its not the same as the Black Mask skull I used, so at least they won't be twins.

Charles Hughey, what did you use for the cigarette holder on your Red Skull? I've been looking to make/buy one for mine.

when i first saw becker i immediately thought "great uniform for a red skull".......the cigarette holder can be made out of a toothpick and just a lil' sculpy for the flaired portion.

when i first saw becker i immediately thought "great uniform for a red skull".......the cigarette holder can be made out of a toothpick and just a lil' sculpy for the flaired portion.

I thought the same... there are a couple of SS uniforms that are easy to find nowadays so I'll probably get a new one.

Back