Looking at this TV, worth it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
Depends on what your going to use it for, if you have a option to disable 3-D and use it for example playing games then sure go ahead because $600 is hella cheap for a HDTV down here in Australia.

In my opinion, you shouldn't go any lower than 60 inches if you want to have a cinematic experience in your living room - that's also the smallest size screen that's on display at Best Buy.

I recommend that you just get the largest screen that you can afford on your budget, and that will be able to fit in your room. You'll thank yourself in the end, and wonder how you managed to watch TV all those years with a tiny 32 inch display :lol.

I've got a 60" plasma in my bedroom and sit 10' away from it.
I love that in-your-face experience I get when watching movies and playing video games.

Like Solidus says, I recommend going big depending on your budget.

is there a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz?

I read a while back that the 120Hz setting tends to "gloss" over images - producing a picture quality that's similar to a day time soap opera. But, I heard it works pretty well for sports and other fast-paced live events. Most of the latest HDTV sets are 120Hz - so I'm not sure if you'd have a lot of options if getting a 60Hz set. The 60Hz sets are a lot cheaper though!

yeah...you'll only tell a difference when watching sports...most of the new HD sets are 240hz with the newest technology claiming 960hz....still not matching a plasma though....
as for that TV that is extremely cheap for a 3D tv. I have nothing against VIZIO. With that being said I have never looked into buying one. I've never seen a picture on one that blew me away. What I always tell people is if you want to buy a VIZIO you are buying it because of the deal you getting on it and not the picture.

Of the two, I would get the LG.
Although a great price, I've known too many people with Vizio issues...just after the warranty expires, too.

I personally would go for a Panasonic plasma, especially for the bedroom.
With Black Friday around the corner, you'll be able to snag one for uber-cheap.

Yeah I too know a few people who've had Vizio issues.

To me, the telling factor is what you see at Costco. The Costco near my house is extremely busy (as are most of them), and you see tons of people purchasing Vizios - and the same amount in the return line bringing them back. That tells me either they look really bad, and people feel they don't get their money's worth...or they're broken. And the ratio of returns to purchases seems pretty friggin high.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-92742-92-Inch-Home-Cinema/dp/B007TGKLFM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348608286&sr=1-1&keywords=mitsubi*****92[/ame]

I have a 42" Vizio that I got for black Friday last yr for 350 and while it's a nice tv and not a bad picture for the price, I already got black lines running through it(dead pixels) and it pisses me off! So basically, you get what you pay for, but don't be a fool and go with Vizio cause its cheaper, you'll thank yourself In the end :lecture

Black Friday pricing has started....

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P60U50-60-Inch-600Hz-Plasma/dp/B008KCSMHS/ref=sr_1_1?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349238751&sr=1-1&keywords=p60u50"]Panasonic TC-P60U50 60" 600Hz Plasma[/ame]

Courtesy of Slickdeals

Back