Look at the prices of Sam & Pony

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way everything is pretty much falling in value, yes... patience and it may go to $500. Now if only I can get MOA or UHSS for a couple of hundred. :google :naughty

Way to go Elwood! I need Watcher too, but I did not bid on that one because the seller has massive negative feedbacks. I want to see 99% or preferably better with feedback, especially on SSW statues. Good luck and congrats!!!

Daveyjaro said:
I did not bid on that one because the seller has massive negative feedbacks. I want to see 99% or preferably better with feedback, especially on SSW statues. Good luck and congrats!!!

Yeah, I think the price was kept down a bit by the negative feedback. They do have 99.2%, so I'm taking a "slight" chance at that price. I normally don't bid on anything less than 99.5% or so, but this price was too good to resist.:sick

I can't be sure about this, but the first auction was a damaged piece, and the second was put on the base by monkeys (look at the placement of Bill in relation to Sam's hand). That likely effected these, that said, they are a bit lower.

Congrats El.

I had the watcher, but it didn't interest me much. Hope you enjoy this piece. Either way, you got it for a good price. :D

SwoopingCloakofSureness said:
Congrats El.

I had the watcher, but it didn't interest me much. Hope you enjoy this piece. Either way, you got it for a good price. :D

It will look cool with my Fell Beast, Baby Rog, Shelob, Battle Troll, and Mumak. Of course, many of my SS/W pieces could be sold once the 1/4's come out.

If I don't like it too much, I'm sure I can sell it for a nice profit to help fund that Cinemaquette T-800 coming next month. :drool

Congrats

Congrats Elwood,

I picked up a watcher a while back and love it! A very underrated piece, and also larger than I expected. I paid a bit more than you though. :sick :cool: I hope you don't have any nasty surprises. :peace

Another one that ended last night:

$810

I paid $960 for mine 3 months ago (on Ebay), maybe I should have waited a little bit, but "back then" it was a reasonable price...

SauronBurger said:
broken,but sure thing is it won't go back to 1k,
how nice, there was time it was nearly 2k...I'm gonna happily wait till
half k:wacky

Hmmmm, I suppose time will tell, but I wouldn't be too sure of that.

And to think they used to give free Frodo statue's if you ordered a Watcher... Now you have to pay at least $600 to get both.

Why do people get offended when the prices fall? I am a collector, not a seller. Also, I do not collect these things thinking they are going to be an investment. I collect them because I like the pieces. I think it is great that they are going down in price..........maybe I can finish getting the pieces that I would like to have. Not trying to start an argument.

Mithrandier said:
Why do people get offended when the prices fall?

Because they are not (only) collectors but rather "investors" trying to make profit...

I have only been on this forum for some 7 months or so, but I have seen quite a few deals where people bought pieces for relatively cheap because they are "fellow / real collectors" here and then sold those pieces for a higher price again here on the board or on Ebay. I've been looking for a few things here on the board and the offers I got were usually at least as high as the recent highest price on Ebay, most of the time with "a little extra" on top.

I am not complaining about it. I rather think that in this world of exorbitant prices everybody is just trying to re-fund other purchases for other (too?) high-priced items...

And of course, dropping prices are not good for you, if that's the way you're trying to fund other pieces...:banghead

Just my 2 cents.

Because they are not (only) collectors but rather "investors" trying to make profit...

Well they don't even have to be in it for profit, nobody likes to think that the value now is less then what they paid for it. Kind of a sinking feeling even if you're "never going to sell them".

Jesse

It's always nice to know something is worth more than you paid that's just natural IMO. However, it's never been a real factor for me as far as collecting these pieces.

Everything will level off for a while especially with no new LOTR DVD coming to help things out. Now, in Jan or Feb when the new 1/4th scale stuff gets shown (which I am getting more excited about all the time) I believe that this will only help the 1/6th line. Gets new interest and new blood in LOTR.

Price is a factor when I buy a piece. There are about 6 to 7 more pieces that I will eventually get. The most I paid for one piece was $400 for a Treebeard bust. Since then I have seen it go for less than what I paid for it. I do not feel upset about it because it was a piece that I want & I bought it when I wanted it. It is all about supply & demand. Right now the owners of these pieces have the upperhand, due to SS being sold out. Right now the demand is still there, but when it goes down & people will not pay these balloned prices, there will be some upset people who "feel" as though they missed out on their big payday. To each their own. I only have one piece that I would even consider selling & that is a helm that I got for free. I do not collect the helms.

I'm with you Josh. The main reason that the prices are dropping IMO is that there are no new films or dvds this year. There is always a small percentage of collectors who seem to loose interest once the films are over. They may find new collectibles like Narnia, etc. and sell off LOTR items to support their new collection.

I think that Christmas could also be a factor because I know with having to buy gifts for a number of people, I'm going to have to put off buying on ebay (maybe until the new year :sick). Other people may be in the same situation which could bring prices down a bit.

Yeah, it does stink to see something you bought for $1000 go for $750 a couple months later but as long as you got the item in top shape and are happy that it's finally in your collection, then I can easily look over it.

Back